Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Great day minus a very bad decision!

Happy Wednesday!
I hope your week has been going smoothly so far.  
As I said in Monday's post, it was Clint's birthday.  I wasn't sure if I was going to get to go to the grocery on my break, which meant no gym time.  Well, it all worked out and I got to do both.  As requested by Clint though, we held out on the birthday supper until last night.  He wanted more time to spend helping me cook and relax than us be rushed after the gym.  Fine by me birthday boy!
So, we did get to go to the gym and I cranked out 5 miles on the tread.  My headphones broke, so I didn't have any music to help me keep my rhythm, so it was a bit of a challenge, although I did have my Sony Reader to help pass the time.  Oh and I became "that girl".  I forgot to take my sparkly hoops out when I changed my clothes, so there I was sweating like a cook in hell's kitchen and I have sparkly hoops in!  SHEESH!
Yesterday, was my "day off".  Ava decided at 2am that she was having a party and invited mama. Such a sweet girl!  We played from 2am to about 4:15am and then she woke me again at 7am.  That little stinker.  But I can not imagine what she is feeling like cutting 3 teeth at once!  Yes, it has been almost a year adn we are just now getting 3 teeth!  When she goes, she goes big!
Ava and I went to Kroger and then Clint had some hours to waste and came home after a 1/2 day of work! Yippee!  No complaints here.
My plan yesterday morning was to drop Ava off at my parent's so I could do a 6am run before it could get sweltering hot outside.  Ava had other plans.  Well, she fell asleep on the way home from the grocery and Clint said, "of you want to run, you should go now."  You don't have to tell me twice.
I will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!  What, run? No, I will not run at noon when it is 94 degrees out on a COMPLETELY empty stomach and no fluids!  WORST. DECISION. EVER!  I did do 5 miles of running/walking in 48 minutes, BUT OMG it was brutal!
That afternoon, we got Ava's little whale pool out and filled it up for her and I got in there with her and played!  It was so fun!  Thank goodness my parent's have an inground pool though! haha
After baths and a nap for Ava, supper took place!  Del.Lic.ious! I'm pretty sure Clint enjoy it! It was such a great day with Clint and Ava.
Have you had a meal that was just too good for words lately?


After work, we will go to the gym tonight.  I am hoping I can sneak in some weights at work today. I am pretty sure that will happen!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment