Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cleaning, Kroger, chicken & dumplins

Tuesday morning, I got up earlier that I had hoped.  I  had a bad dream and couldn't shake it, so I just got on up.  I drank my coffee, kissed Clint bye when he went to work and went through my coupons for when we were heading to Kroger later. 

Finally about 7am, my sleeping beauty woke up!  I got her breakfast and got my run on on the treadmill.  8 miles, who yah!  I am having really good runs!  No complaints that is for sure! 

After my sweat-fest, I showered and ate breakfast and got Ava and I ready.  It was cleaning day at the office.  I packed snacks, books and my coupons and we headed to the office. 

I did a thorough cleaning in record time with my fabulous helper and we headed to Kroger. 

Successful trip and money saved!

Um.....can I help you mama!???  I was just rearranging the gum, that's all!

Apparently, her Bible was some upsetting reading!

We came home and I put away the groceries and straightened the house and finally sat down for lunch at 2:30!  Oddly, enough I wasn't all that hungry.

Clint got home and we watched some DVR'ed shows and then it was time to make supper. 
Chicken and Dumplings and green beans!!

I went on the Pillsbury site to look for an easy recipe using biscuits that I had on hand.  This recipe came up and I had all of the ingredients on hand!


INGREDIENTS:

1 carton (32 oz) Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups) (I used the broth from boiling my chicken earlier in the day)


3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb) (I used hormone free chicken tenderloins, 3 of them)

1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup

1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I used a pinch of celery salt, , 1/2tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp parsely

1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits) (I used the small can of 5 biscuits)

2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)

3 celery ribs, chopped

1 In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.

2 On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.

3 Drop strips, one at a time, into boiling chicken mixture. Add carrots and celery. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.

Review:
This was really good!!  I would have let the carrots and celery got a smidge softer, but it was such a good, easy comfort food.  That is "to save in my binder" recipe! 
 
Well, work needs to be done!  Have a great day and see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment