Monday, January 21, 2013

Hockey and last of the birthday!

Another week y'all!  I know some are off work today and some aren't.  I am not.  We are working today.  It is totally ok with me, because I only work at my job three days a week anyway!

Let's update ya on the weekend happenings.  It was a busy one! 
I got up Saturday morning and ran 8 miles and then did my 3000 club exercises.
We slowly got ready and had breakfast and then headed off for family grocery shopping.  We made it 2 weeks without shopping and I was proud of us for that.  Talk about having to be creative for meals!

We restocked the fridge and pantry for $135 and were under budget! Whoohoo!


We came home and took a little siesta before the rest of our busy day.
My bosses gave us a gift card to Cantina Laredo like 6 months ago, so we decided to cash it in!
The food was really good!!!! 
We started off with chips and salsa and table side guacamole!
So good!
I ordered 2 cheese, spinach and mushroom enchiladas and Clint had Carne Asada.  Ava of course, picked from our plates.



Waiting on the check, they were putting a puzzle together!
Love these two peas in a pod!

We parked across the river to walk across the bridge to the arena for
OPENING HOCKEY night!!  They have been on a lockout and the season started on Saturday night.




Hockey time in Nashville or Smashville during hockey season!


First Intermission picture!


Second intermission picture!
They lost in a shootout, but we are just glad they are back playing!

Sunday, I got up and did an easy 4 miles and then my 3000 club exercises.
I made a French toast casserole for our Sunday school class.  I didn't try any because we had to substitute teach for Ava's 2 year old class, but everyone said it was great.  There was only one little corner piece left, so it must've been tasty.

We went to lunch at my parent's to celebrate my birthday with my extended family!  We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the fixings! So good!
Ava was mesmerized by all of the candles!

We literally lounged the rest of the day.
Great weekend in my opinion!!

Talk to ya soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment