Sunday, December 20, 2009

8 week 3 day Quiz

Hi lovelys!  Sorry I haven't posted since Tuesday.  Our little kidney bean has been making mama sick! He/she wants me to eat, but then can't seem to keep things down. Anyway, I saw this quiz on a blog that I started reading a while ago that had a huge impact on my heart.  She did this update every week and I added a few things. I am a few days behind, but my plan is to do it at the start of each week.

How far along: 8 weeks 3 days

Symptoms: All day nausea, exhausted, just started having "afternoon sickness", bloated


Total weight gain: 2lbs

Maternity clothes: Not yet, although my jeans are a little snug.

Stretch marks: Nope.

Sleep: I sleep like a rock.  It is such a deep sleep that when I fall asleep on the couch at night Clint has to repeatedly try to wake me.  I sleep until about 4am each morning and have to go pee.
Best moment last week:

Movement: Does gas count?

Food cravings: Anything with salt or crunchy.  Crackers, pickles, bread, cereal.  I am a carb lovin mama these days.

Belly Button in or out: In!

What I miss: Nothing so far.  I am loving every minute.

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to Christmas this week.  It is my favorite day of the year.

Milestones:No big milestones yet.

How is daddy? He is great. So excited.  Each week he informs me of what is happening with our baby's growth and he even puts it on his facebook status!  Gotta love it!

13 comments:

  1. So cute!! I'm glad you're enjoying your pregnancy despite the symptoms. Can't wait for you to start posting pictures of your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your lil bean is making you sick, I hope those symptoms pass soon! I'm looking forward to reading these as your lil bean keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are loving every yackety yack second. Good stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that the yack found you! Love the quiz! We're just a few weeks behind you and I love reading about what's in store for us! First u/s on 12/30...trying not to be a nervous wreck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your pregnancy but sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I'm right there with you at 10w3d. I'm hoping the nausea only sticks around another couple of weeks - here's hoping the same for you!

    Happy ICLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I'm so sorry to hear about your nausea - I hope it dissapears quickly for you! Oh and you have hit a HUGE milestone - your saw your baby's heartbeat which imho is the most amazing feeling ever :)

    -ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your pregnancy - we're around 6 weeks now. Love the quiz/survey - hope you don't mind if I steal it! ;0)

    Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Courtney
    I found our blog via ICLW. Congratulations! It must be a very exciting time for you and family. Good luck with everything!
    Enjoy the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quiz-- can't wait to hear how things change from week to week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you feel beter soon!
    congratulations on your little kidney bean ;)

    ICLW hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the questions! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I think I am going to borrow the questions and use them myself, as I am 8weeks today. And other than being sick yesterday, I have been feeling pretty good. I hope your sickness doesn't last. Try Preggie Pops.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm right behind you by a few weeks (I'm 5 weeks 3 days) and so far no symptoms. I hope you are able to enjoy Christmas dinner.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. ICLW hun!

    You are among the ranks of the blessed.

    I am not.

    Savor every second of this pregnancy and be mindful to record it in video and photos.

    I am totally barren. Meaning, I have zero means to procreate.

    I became a mom at 46 years old, via surrogacy. After tons and tons of heartache.

    The second the dude and duder were born, I began the journey to record, like the flipping papparazzi, their every moment. I am a SAHMer and have done so, down to the first word, steps, etc.

    It is priceless.

    Keep mindful of your blessings sweetheart and good luck on the journey.

    There are so few, yet so many of us, who are barren who would give ANYTHING to feel like crap, and to be able to give birth. Believe it, and give yourself a pat on the back for acheiving it!

    hugs and ICLW, and blessings in the new year...

    from the old, grey lady

    ReplyDelete