Hi ladies. Story time.
Yesterday, started out like any typical day at the gym. I had a client at 8am, picked up the gym a bit, and then me and Baby F did our daily exercise. All was normal until about 2pm.
A member was on the Arc Trainer and I was reading a book. All of a sudden we heard this woooooshhh noise and water started coming out of the sprinker room (holds all of the pipes and things for us and the businesses beside us). I run back there to see water RUSHING out from under the door. I try to open the door to see what's going on and got soaking wet because it is like a fire hydrant is going off in the closet. I then run frantically to get the phone and somehow think to call the water dept. The lady tells me that I need to call a plumber. WHAT??? Water is rushing out onto our carpet at a highly fast rate. I hang up and call the owner of the gym and he calls the Property manager. Now, the water is STILL RUSHING OUT!!! The member and I are running around unplugging things and moving what we can that could be water damaged. The water dept lady calls me back and asks "do you want us to come turn the water off?" UMMMM YESSSS!!!!! Why else would I call the WATER DEPT.???? The owner calls back and says the "property manager is sending out a cleaning crew and plumber.
Water still going!
The water guys finally get there (its been about 10 excruciating long minutes) and there are 4 of them trying to shut the water off. From where I was sitting, it didn't look like they were doing much thna scratching there heads while the water is still rushing out!
They geniuses finally got the water stopped but the damage had been done. Our gym from front to back is about maybe 30 feet and the water was all the way to the front doors about and 1inch deep. I called the owner telling him the water was contained and I guess he thought it was some minor pipe. I said, "Jay you wouldn't believe how much water there is unless you were here." He was working at our other gym across town so he sent his wife and co-owner to assess the damage. She walks in and immediately rolls up her pants. It is that bad. The owners of the cleaning crew got there to tell us what was going to happen and how long the process would take and that water had seeped under the wall into the Physical therapy place next door. They would clean their business first and then start on ours. The entire drying of the building will take 3-4 days. We had to shut the gym down while they started the cleaning. Jacquie told me to go home since there was nothing more I could do. Heck yeah! Going home early, but I would have chose a different reason!
I am going in to the gym at the normal time this morning and we will see what we can do about letting people back in.
I am so glad I was there when it happened. If I hadn't been, it would have destroyed more than a couple of businesses.
Needless to say it was a touch stressful and I got my heartrate up more during that 15 minute crazy adventure than I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.
The END! Thankfully.
Whoa, crazy day!!! And P.S., you are my hero for doing daily exercise at this point. Although I have started to get back into going to the gym, I am so tired I can barely walk to work and back. I am impressed :)
ReplyDeleteWow craziness! My hubs is a plumber =)
ReplyDeleteSuperwoman and her Superbaby!!! Go Court! That can be a story for Baby F. :)
ReplyDelete