Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beautiful day in the neighborhood

Hey ya ladies!  It is a gorgeous day in Nashville!!  I think the high got to 82 degress!  Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons!! I love the warmer weather. 

I forgot to tell y'all about the other night!  We decided Clint was going to read her her 1st book, but we didn't have any that tickled our fancy at home, so we decided on her listening to music.  My husband thinks that Classical is a waste and will put her to sleep.  He put on Black Eyed Peas and she went nuts.  She was making my belly jump and jive through all of their songs.  It was amazing! 

We can also tell now where she is and can feel her.  She has this one spot in my lower right side of my belly that is her nook appparently because she is almost always there!  Clint was feeling for her and all of a sudden jerked his hand back.  Well, I started laughing and asked him what was wrong.  Either her foot or hand grazed by his hand and creeped him out (in a good way!)  I just laughed.

Moving along.  Today was my 23 week apt.  My doc was there! Yay!  Well, she was late because her hospital rounds took her longer.  Anywho, her normal nurse, Judy, wasn't there and the new nurse had me pee in a cup and get my weight.  I closed my eyes because I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW!  If that heifer didn't say it out loud when she was writing it in my chart.  AHH  I guess I should let EVERYONE KNOW!!  I am up 5lbs. (normal gain at this time.) Total of 18. 

Our Dr. finally made it at got Baby Ava's heartbeat (141)and checked my fungal height (right on 23 week schedule) and told me about by blood sugar test that I will do next time.  When she was done I told her I wasn't happy about how Dr. Substitute treated my gain last checkup.  Dr. said, "well she had a reason to be concerned."  I then told her I have a history of eating disorder and ONE little thing could make me spiral back down that ugly path.  (Having an eating disorder is like being and alcoholic!!)  She wrote that in my chart for future doctors.  I think docs learn the same speech because she asked if I drank juice and if my "healthy" portions were bigger.  NO MA'AM. 
This is how the conversation went.
Dr: WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST??
ME: I am a creature of habit so Breakfast:  1 egg, 2 egg whites, 2 pieces double fiber whole grain bread, 2 pieces of turkey bacon.
Dr: "What about lunch??"
ME: either a big salad or  a Morningstar chicken patty sandwich and piece of fruit or veggies.
Dr: "Well, it looks like you can't do any healthier huh?!!?
ME:(thinking:)  THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL Y'ALL!!!!!

Before she left, she said, "it could be you have gestational diabetes!"  "Does your family have a history?"
NO MA'AM.

Clint asked me later this afternoon what I thought about the appt.  (He was so concerned that I was defeated again.  Especially, after she said I could have GD.)   I told him I am good!  A LOT of women THINK they are eating healthy and in reality they aren't at all or are eating too much of the healthy food. (I track all of my food on Babyfit.com.) I told him that she is just following protocol.and until today didn't really KNOW my daily eating.  I am ok with the gain and I doubt I have GD.  I am still thinking my body is going to do what it wants and I AM STILL OK WITH THAT!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I still want to punch your Dr for even going through the questions again. I'm glad you're feeling good though! You are healthy and fine and I doubt you have GD either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good for you for keeping your cool. I think I would have lost it with them...at least you got the chance to share your healthy eating habits!

    ReplyDelete