Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tornados, cleaning, running, oh my

Happy Middle of the week!

I took a much needed day off yesterday!  But I did get some VERY needed cleaning done at the house!

Monday, I got in a quick workout at work before I left and good thing I did! Before I get into that, here is what I did.
Weights:
Front squats 3x10 2-15lb DBs
Deadlifts 3x10 2-15lb DBs
10-10-10 calf raises
Bent over rows 3x10 2-15lb DBs
Incline Chest press 3x10 2-15lb DBs
Front/Lateral raise combo 3x10 2-5lb KBs
Dips 3x10 BW
Zottman bicep curls 3x10 2-10lb DBs
V-ups 3way 3x30

Monday was supposed to be stormy weather in the afternoon.  That is was!  Right before I lifted weights the Tornado sirens went off!  EEEK!  There were tornado watches all over Tennessee. Three actually touched down.  I called my mom to see if everything was ok.  They were in the hall and my precious daughter was ASLEEP!  Ha!  Of all times to decide to nap, right?!  Winds were ~70mph!  Thankfully, everyone is safe and there was minimal damage.  We were without power from about 3 that afternoon until about 1am.  Our gym was without power as well, so running was not to be had that day!  Ava really liked all the candles!!  I found a bag of tea lights and scattered about 103 around the house.  Good times!

Tuesday, like I said about I took the day off.  I have been working about 45ish hours a week for the past few weeks and since my day was not busy at work, I asked the boss for the day.  I scrub the kitchen, did some laundry (boy, I can not wait for our new dryer and dishwasher to be delivered next week.  I took that day off too!!), swept under the couch.  It is amazing what has been hiding under there!  I cleaned out my closet to donate to somewhere.  If I hadn't wore it in a couple of seasons, it went to the donate pile.  I actually found my closet floor!!

About 1pm, I met Eva at the end of my road.  We actually live about .5 mile from each other so she is a very convenient running partner/friend!  I had planned to run 2.5miles out and back on the highway, but our dog, Daisy, had other plans.  She got out of our fence and started following me.  Since, I knew she would follow me out onto the highway we decided to run my neighborhood.  We live on a circle road and there are 2 ginormous hills that our house is on top of.  We rotated every other way around the circle.  It was brutal!  We had a slower pace for the 6.15miles that we went, but it was OK with me, since the hills required a bit of walking.  Daisy actually went the entire time with us.  For a Jack Russell who is 8 years old, 6ish miles is a booger.  Needless to say, she laid down as soon as we got into the door!!hhaha What is the saying, "if you are going to run with the big dogs......."

I showered and went to pick up Snook(btw, I call her Snook b/c I dress her in animal print and she is short for her age) and then we met Clint to run a couple of errands.  He starts his church league softball season on Friday night, so we went to Hobby Lobby to get some materials for Ava's "uniform".  I will post pics when we get it done!

Well, that is the recap for the past two days.  Today, I am back to work and we will go to the gym after.  I am planning on ~5 miles tonight on the treadmill.
What are you doing for a workout today??


Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment