Well, I do have other news. My boss(a chiropractor) came to me and said he was going to start closing the office on Tuesdays so he can go out to the community for meetings and speaking events as well as "save his back." The whole time I am thinking......what does that mean for me? Wellllll, they are putting me on salary and I can work from home or not on Tuesdays! Heck yeah! Clint and I were just talking about gas and mileage on our Murano. One whole day saved on gas! When would this be put into effect? Yesterday!
Let's back up a bit to Monday's workout. I indeed did decide to run outside like I thought I would. We went to the gym and I ran in the neighborhood behind it. Boyo, that 1st mile was a b@atch. I thought this is NOT looking good. Plus I had borrowed my mom's MP3 player because my phone was low on battery. The songs my brother had put on there for her were HORRENDOUS! I could not get a song that allowed any kind of consistent pace until toward the end. I played that song over and over until I was finished.
4.25miles in 45 minutes.
Since I had yesterday "off" I was still going to let my mom watch Ava so I could run and get some things done. Plus Tuesday's are my mom's Bible Study class and those ladies love Ava being there!
I texted my running buddy Eva to see if she wanted to get out Long Run over with for the week. We decided on 10ish and headed out at 8am to the perfect running neighborhood she had found. (Portapotty included)
We got to about 2.5 miles and she was just feeling "off." We walked to 4.10miles and then she "made" me go ahead and finish our run. She walked while I cranked out 6.33miles in 58minutes! Super happy with this!
Total yesterday was 10.43 miles. Dang it! Almost 10.5miles. Oh well! I went home and showered and prepared my to-do list for the day.
To-do list:
I think that's it! (haha) Everything checked off and done! This is weird but there is something gratifying about checking off your list and see the progress on paper as well as a clean house! Good stuff. That doesn't mean that our house won't be "lived in" in the next couple of days, but for yesterday it was spic and span!
Do you like cleaning?
I get into cleaning mode where I am balls to the wall(like yesterday) and that is every few days I guess.
What chore do you loathe?
Bathrooms!
Are you working out today?
I am taking a rest day. 14ish miles in 2 days deserves a rest day. We are going to go out and about after we get home to look for Clint some pants and a shirt for Easter. (maybe me some new shoes!!!!)
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment