Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend recap:Part 1

Alas, it is Monday yet again.
How was your weekend?


Mine was fabulous actually.  Thanks for asking!

Let's see.  Where did I leave off at my last posting.....oh yes Friday.

Friday afternoon:
I did in fact lift weights on Friday.
Weights:
Stationary lunges 3x20/leg
SS-Machine chest press 3x10
     Machine Rows 3x10
Triangle Pushups 3x10
Single arm Preacher curl Bicep curls 3x10/arm
Exercise ball knee in-2x10
Lots of stretching


Clint's church league softball season started Friday night.  This is the first year in like 4 that they were able to actually play on the first night of the schedule.  It typically rains.  Ava was super duper cute in her "uniform".  They split (won one, lost one) with the other team that they played. Off to a decent start.

I was a little worried about Ava and our Sleep Training schedule since we would be getting home about an hour or so after her bedtime.  She fell asleep on the way home and we talked about our "game plan."  When we got home, we kept everything the same, diaper/change into jammies, then Clint brought her to me to nurse.  She was almost asleep again, so I tiptoed into her room and put her in her crib.  NOT A PEEP from her room did I hear!! Success again!!

3 nights in a row!

Saturday:
I had set my alarm for 4am.  I don't know why I set that darn thing.  My internal clock usually wakes me up before it 90% of the time.  I woke up about 3:45am and Clint wasn't in the bed. Um, did Ava wake up and I didn't hear her??  Oh sheesh!  I walk in the living room and Clint is laying on the couch bright eyed and bushy tailed.  ODD!  He couldn't sleep, so he just got up. OOOOK!  Who are you mister?!

We chatted while I ate a small snack and pumped before I was to head out to meet Eva for our 10 mile run.  Really, what couple does this?!  It is 4:30am on a Saturday.  Come ONNNN!  We are unique!  Anyway, (bring it back, Court!) I headed out in shorts and a tank top, love!  The first 5ish miles were extremely dark and flew by!  We had ran 2.5ish out down the highway and back and had stashed out Gatorades at our road to get a swig before we ran the other half.  It was the epitome of a beautiful morning!!  I couldn't have asked for better weather.  The run was going great and so was the conversation, but about a mile away from Eva's house(I live a .5 mile from her) my stomach started feeling "yucky"!  OH no!  I have a little over a 1.5miles to go and I need to GO!  I "dropped" Eva off and took off!  Whew, made it!

I did 10 miles in 1:50 min!  I am extremely happy with that.  Good time and the longest I have ever ran!  Another success.

I had to get to work, but I spent about an hour with Ava before I had to head out.  Her and Clint were going to be home for the day and I needed to love on her as much as possible.  I got off of work about an hour early. YES!  I soaked up some Ava and Clint loving before we headed off to see Pops(my Father in law) and his girlfriend Linda for supper.  He cooked at his house and surprisingly it was really good.
Baked fish
Mashed red potatoes
Salad
Baked hushpuppies
WINE! (oh yea, I had a wonderful glass!)
Low sugar strawberry pie(Pops is borderline diabetic)

Fun times spending with Pops and Linda.  Ava entertained.  (of course!)

On the way home, I was still hungry.  10 miles will do that to ya.  I wanted an ice cream cone.  Clint is never one to turn down ice cream, especially when I offer.  I rarely do because I am not that big of an ice creamer.
That ice cream cone hit the spot and did not disappoint!

Sleep Training night #4........same routine, 5 minutes of whimpering.  Silence until 5:30am!  Whatever it is, it is WORKING!!!!!

Come back later for "Weekend Recap:Part 2"  One of the BEST days we have had in a while!!! Oh and pictures WILL be involved.

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. i did 10 mi over the weekend too! and thanks to you sleep training is going amazing here too. wondering what took me so long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippee for sleep training ! Tonight we had literally 1 minute of crying and then silence! I am still nursing 2 times in the night...but still, its better than the every hour or 2 wake ups she was doing! When she turns 5 months old I'm going to have to figure out how to get her to wean down to one night feeding...hopefully she'll do it on her own!

    ReplyDelete