Monday, October 8, 2012

Brother's wedding weekend

Good Morning!  It is Monday!
I got up this morning and had a little bit more time for my 12 minutes of Bodyrock and 3 miles on the treadmill. 
It was a good sweat session before 5:30am!
I showered and got ready and had time for a little breakfast. English muffin with cottage cheese and cinnamon sprinkled on top and 1 egg, 1 egg white fried up. With coffee of course.
The flowers in the background are from my brother's wedding! Love FREE flowers!!

These are my supplements for each meal these days.
Multivitamin
2 Fish oils
2 Probiotics
1 Digestive enzyme
Gotta keep the gut healthy!!



I don't know about y'all, but even when I take off a few hours (for my brother's rehearsal and dinner) and I come back to work it is like going 2 steps back.  Even when my boss's wife took over for me. She does things differently or doesn't do the things I do, so this morning I had to "fix" things from Friday and handle some things I usually automatically do each day.  Alas, at least I wore my SASSY BOOTS this morning!


The rehearsal started at 5'ish and went pretty smooth.  Ava is apparently a performer at heart.  She was up on the stage at our church (that is where my brother got married) singing "Jesus Loves Me".  Made this mama tear up and so proud!

Me and sis HAD to take a pic before we started!
The boys practicing their thing. 
My daddy was Cody's (my bro) best man and then Clint was next to daddy.

Look at this Flower girl! Love her.  She had mints in her basket, "pwacticin" in her words.  She got a little too ambitious though and kept chucking them across the room.  Good thing flower petals don't weigh much!!



Ava and my then future sister in law!

Rehearsal dinner was under the pavilion at church.  We had decorated it all Fall like.  My "uncle" David had smoked pork butts and chicken breasts and mom made homemade potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread "pancakes", sweet tea, blackberry cobbler, ice cream bar and cake.
Ummm just saying it was FABULOUS!!!!


Saturday morning we didn't have to be at the church until noon.  At the Ferrell's household that is like afternoon!!
I got up and made biscuits and put some clothes in to wash.
Had a little coffee and jumped on the treadmill for 7 miles!! 
Shower and breakfast followed.
We were supposed to have our hair on the right side and I didn't want to pay to have mine done.  I did a trial run through this past week and really just decided I would wing it on Saturday.  It worked out!  I was very pleased with my side 'do!
Speaking of 'do's.  We sent this to Cody and Mandalynn to see if Ava's "up-do" was acceptable.  This was pre-bath and we couldn't resist!!


All ready to go!! 

Ava needed a snack while we were getting ready.  Odwalla bar does a body good!


After some cinching up and strapping heels on, the infamous bathroom pic and sister pic!

The wedding was beautiful and I teared up!  Duh!  Once when Ava sashayed barefoot down the aisle perfectly.  No petals were dropped, but she is so stinking cute it didn't matter!!  My brother and Mandalynn used the vows that Clint and I wrote for our wedding 4 years ago and I teared and grinned ear to ear at my amazing husband standing across from me!
I felt like I was getting married again!!

The reception was good.  Rehearsal dinner food was better...shhhh don't tell!  The newlyweds left in their decorated car and flew out to Jamaica yesterday!  I wish them the best!!

Sunday.
I got up before Clint and Ava and ran 5 miles on the treadmill.
Got ready for church and we were on our way.
This passage was on the bottom of our bulletin for the sermon and it spoe volumes to me!
Galatians 6.
Especially the part where it says "Don't compare yourself to others."  I put this on Instagram (Follow me....ferrellslove) to encourage others because it was what I needed to hear or read!

My sweet family during church!

We HAD to help my parents eat leftovers for lunch.
We laughed at what the cake ended up saying after we dug in to it!
"Man Cody"! haha



There is a consignment sale in town this weekend and I spend some time while Ava napped and Clint watched football to tag some clothes for the sale.

Ava and I put this beauty together in the bread machine!  I still make loaf bread every week.  I love knowing what is in our bread.  Only 6 ingredients and I can spell them all!!



Clint has been running a mile almost every day this week and he did yesterday.  Well looking at my dailymile page, I was going to have a record mileage week, so since he was working out, I thought why not!  So I ran 3 more while he was down in the garage lifting weights and Ava was playing in the bonus room.
34 miles this week!!

We watched Revenge and The Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Part 2!
THONJ is a TRAIN WRECK!  I can't stop watching it!  It is the only drama we have in our lives!  Thank God we can turn the channel on that drama!


Well, I will post more wedding pictures when I get access to them. It is hard to them. It isn't easy to take pictures when you are in the wedding and keeping up with a 2 year old!! 
I wouldn't change that for the world though!!

See ya soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment