I am ready for the weekend! Yesterday, was a fun filled day! I woke up and got some coffee and got Ava up and breakfast for her. I was ready to run! But this run took a little longer than normal. Ava wanted to "run" about 7 times. (The "pause" button on the treadmill is a great thing when you are a mama.) I had to go to the bathroom 2 times. Ava wanted to watch something different on Netflix. Alas, I got 6 miles done in under 54 minutes. Success! Even if it did take me an hour and 20 minutes haha!
I packed up and we headed to Old Time Pottery. (Ava got a good nap on the way!) Old Time Pottery is FULL of home decor, kitchen accessories, flower arrangements, everything you need for your house basically. I had a little over $5 on a gift card and Pekka, our 7 month old lab mix needed a new bed pillow and collar. Oh, and I needed a door hangy thingy for the front door for my Fall wreath I made!
We were meeting Clint at 2:30 and we had a little over an hour and a half to kill. I knew I needed to grocery shop for some things and may be hit up Kmart to see if they had a toy for Ava for Christmas we have been scouting out.
We headed to Kroger. We got some organic bars, yogurt, almond/coconut milk for Ava, oranges, apples, and a few other things that I had coupons for.
We were headed to Kmart, but I saw a Bank of America and made a quick stop there. I have an account as a minor there and we want to cancel that account and put the money in a savings account for Ava. I had no idea how to go about that, so we went in to see. I will have to bring my mom with me to cancel it, since it is in her name. But now I know the steps to closing it!
Yay! A savings account!
Apples for snacks going to meet Clint.
We met Clint at Opry Mills Mall. It has been renovated and updated since the big flood in May of 2010 and has some good stores in it. Under Armour was having 50% off the clearance shorts, shirts and sports bras. I got a pair of running shorts and sports bra and Clint got a couple pair of shorts for $28! Score! I think I'll put mine in the Christmas stash and save them for then.
I needed to see an old friend. She did not disappoint.
Then it was the a surprise for Ava. Friends gave Ava a Build A Bear gift card for her birthday in July. Why not use it now?! We went in and had NO idea what to do! It was a little overwhelming! But we finally figured it out.
We are EXCITED! Me more than anyone!
1. Pick a bear or dog in our case.
2. Give it a voice. (we skipped this one)
3. Stuff it. (an employee does this and then you get to put a heart in it! adorable!)

4. Dress it. You get to pick the clothes, accessories, shoes, whatever you want to put on your bear/dog. We let Ava pick the outfit and she did great! It is funny because the outfit fits Ava's personality. You put it in the "dressing room" and put the clothes on your dog/bear. Clint dressed the dog, while I snapped pictures.
Let's see.....
Picking the clothes....
Daddy dressing the dog...
A big big hug!!!
5. Name it. You go to the computer and put in your child's info. I let Ava help and push the buttons and then you name the new friend. Ava picked a brown dog and we used to have a brown dog named, Ginger. Ginger fit perfectly and Ava could say her name! She gets a birthday and birth certificate that is printed out at the check out desk.
6. Take her home. (well you pay for it and they put her in her house to carry out)
Hi, Ginger!
We stopped at the Aquarium restaurant tanks to look at the fish on the way out! Ava didn't want to leave.
We got home and lounged for a bit until we got around to eating. We had a spaghetti squash that we needed to eat, so Clint put that into the oven. He put some chicken strips in the oven for him and I wanted the leftover pulled pork from the other night. I had a great idea and put the pork in the half of the squash and poured some barbecue sauce on it all! It was fabulous. Ava even stopped eating her food and ended up eating some of mine! Love that she loves spaghetti squash.
Ended the night with some DVR'ed The Voice, Scandal, and MTV'S the Challenge(guilty pleasure).
Such a fantastic day!!!
Y'all have a good Friday and I'll see ya soon!
















awwwwwww! what a great day!!!!!
ReplyDelete:D