Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Very long but fulfilling day




Trick or Treating later tonight?! 
Our office is closing an hour early, so I'm going to get home quick, so we can head out for just a little bit of door hopping for some candy.  A 2 year old loses interest quickly, especially when going up to people she doesn't know! 

Yesterday, started SUPER DUPER early for me and Ava.  Monday afternoon sometime after I saw her for lunch she had a horribly runny nose and when I got home she could barely breath and eat at the same time. 

She slept with us Monday night and had a fitful night of sleep.  At 2:30AM, yep you read that right, Ava and I got up and went to the bonus room and I turned on Netflix and she watched Dora while I read on my Kindle. 

We played and I cleaned and we were chatting and all of a sudden I looked over and she was zonked. 



She slept in this position for almost 4 hours.  I called and rescheduled my hair appt to tomorrow and the playdate with my college roommate and her boys to another day and I thought, "I might as well lay down too."  Yea that didn't last long.  My mind was racing, so I got up and got a ton of stuff done around the house that I have been meaning to do, but haven't. 

She woke up and we played some and then I decided to check out the old Achilles and try to run.  I had no mileage in mind, since I wasn't sure I would be able to run.  5 miles later, I decided to get off!  I had a SMALL amount of "discomfort" I guess, so I am thrilled!  I love to run!

Clint got home and we lounged around and Clint played with Ava.  After catching up on a few shows that were DVR'ed, I started supper while Clint had some daddy/Ava time and he gave her a bath.

Ava wanted these corn dogs from Trader Joe's


She loved them.  I took a little bite and they were really good!  Success!

Clint and I were having hormone free boneless porkchops
oven roasted butternut squash, red potatoes and onions.


Fantastic, healthy and simple!!


After supper, Ava and I had "manicures"!
She is showing off her nails!
She is so funny.  She ran around not touching anything for like 20 minutes.  Even after I told her her nails were dry. 


and a picture "just because"!

It was a very long day, but I felt very accomplished!  
No workout for me this morning.  My body and my husband told me to sleep that extra hour.  I'm fairly certain that was a good decision!!

Have a great day!
Be safe!
See ya soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you too! I love all the great, healthy things that can be found at Trader Joe's. Never heard of turkey corn dogs before, but that might actually be something my boyfriend would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!!!!
    my kiddos love turkey dogs too!!
    :D
    and yay for running again!!! i do hope your Achilles feels good as new soon!

    ReplyDelete