Ava's stats:
Weight- 15lbs 4oz of love(25-50%)
Length-24.5in (5-10%)
The doctor said she is low here, BUT until we see a consistent decrease or her not growing much we shouldn't worry. Babies' growth spurts vary.
Ears-No problems
Motor skills- Perfectly normal behavior
Questions we asked?
How many ounces a day should she be having? 20-25oz
How many times should we feed cereal/baby food to her?Once a day right now is fine. We can do 2 times a day closer to 7months or when we feel its needed.
Does cereal/food take place of a bottle? No, it is a supplement. Her main source of food is still breastmilk
Bedtime routine?Yes, start creating a soft, dark ambiance about 30 min before bedtime. We have been doing this the past week and it is working great.
TMI-Poop? Thickness? Not pooping? She shouldn't go more than 4-5days. (Enter PRUNES) Every other day is normal. It will start to get thicker.
In a nutshell, we are doing everything "right". There is no real "right" way, but we are doing what is best for Ava and us and she is continually healthy and happy.
Healthy Ava=Happy Parents
A friend of mine was asking me diet and exercise questions and said she was running a 1/2 marathon in April. The Nashville Music City Marathon and 1/2 Marathon to be exact. I told Clint and he very heartily suggested I run it. He said "you don't have to have a goal time, you can even run/walk it, but have a goal to DO IT. Then if you like it, the next one you can have a different goal."
After much thought, I decided to do it! I have never ran a 1/2 before and am nervous.
Do I think I can't? Nah, I have no qualms about doing it actually. It was just deciding that was the nervous part. I have plenty of time to train for it. This is my goal I have been searching for. Clint is supportive of me to a fault, but his sweet and encouraging words really helped me to decide. He said he and Ava would be there cheering me on. Clint is the one who plays sports and I am the Cheer-er on-er. Even though I played Collegiate Softball, we met after I got finished with school and he never got to cheer me on. I got a
Any training plan recommendations(besides Hal Higdon)? I want to see my best options for training for this.
What are your plans for the weekend?
We are grandparent visiting this weekend, so it will be one set on Saturday and the other on Sunday. (Clint's mom and then Clint's dad). BUSY BUSY.
Have a great Friday.
glad to hear ava's appointment went well. i'll be praying for Mckinnley, that is horrible to go through! good luck on your half marathon; i'm training for one with a friend also this spring but am not running the race with her (LOL it was $90 and i'm too cheap so i'm running a 9.8 mi trail race instead). have fun; you are so in shape you could probably run one tomorrow :). just take it slow and easy and ice your shins after long runs even if you feel fine so you dont get any shinsplints.
ReplyDeleteHi Courtney! I've been away from blogging for what seems like forever, but I wanted to stop in and see how you're doing. Ava is BEAUTIFUL and I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well!
ReplyDeleteNikol
Yay for happy, healthy Ava!!!
ReplyDelete