I look forward to those fist pumping drinkers every week. SO sad, but true!
Ok, now on to why this post is titled "not my best."
Yesterday, was not my best day. Worked started off slow and steady, but by 9am I was fully booked with patients and it lasted until I left at 3pm.
I am still stressing (procrastinating) about talking to my parentals. When I get anxious about things, it eats me up. All day, I just wanted to curl up and cry and eat peanut butter!
I made it through my work day (without crying, Lord knows how I managed that!) and we headed to the gym. It was my crosstraining day on my 1/2 marathon training and I was looking forward to some sweatin'!
I did 15 min on the ellip, then went 10 min old school on the Stair Masta'. I was still feeling pretty good when I went into "vagina land". I knew I was going to work upper body, but to be honest with you I can't remember WHAT I DID! I was in a fog. I had no rhyme or reason to my exercises. I went to fatigue on each exercise and made some up I think. If someone was to walk in to watch me, I doubt they would have thought I was a Personal Trainer, haha! I used a barbell with 6kg on each side and my muscles were tired when I got done, but I was SO not focused!!!
EH, every workout can't be great huh!?!?
After I put Ava to bed, I did it! I went straight to the cupboard opened up that jar of peanut butter and gloriously indulged in about 2 tbsp of peanut butter! I had no guilt and it did make me feel better! Clint did ask if he needed to put a time limit on me (I thought, do you know how fast I could shovel it in in a certain amount of time?!? haha) I told him no, I needed to do this and be ok with it. I needed to cope with my emotions how I wanted. (Yes, I was emotionally eating and I am not perfect!!) Did eating the PB take away my anxiety? Minimally. Actually talking to my parents will, but for that few minutes with my spoon and peanut butter the world was QUIET and QUIET is what I needed AT THAT TIME!
I know people cope with emotions all kinds of different ways and 9 times out of 10 reading and working out does alleviate my stress and demons. But there is that 1 time that emotional eating helps me. Is this a good coping mechanism? NO, but again I AM NOT PERFECT!
How do you cope with stress 9/10 times and that 1 time???
Today, is my rest day and I am going to enjoy it. My legs have been super stiff in the hamstring area. I had our Staff Massage Therapist work on my legs and butt on Tuesday and she said, "you are going to have to let me work on your legs twice a week. They are so tight." UM, you don't have to twist my arm on this invitation!!
Do you get massages???
I hope you have great days and great workouts!!
hi, just stumbled upon your blog - look forward to reading it - its looks great! Cheers, Amanda
ReplyDeleteStress is hard! Sometimes I just need to go for a run. Other times I need to journal. Sometimes I want to bake. Other times I just want to sit and do absolutely NOTHING. It really depends on the day--for me the more important part is recognizing that I AM stressed and should do something about it.
ReplyDeletehey Courtney, good luck on your 1/2 marathon training! (i hope to run my first this year myself!) and don't worry, i think we've all been there with the peanut butter. sometimes it's a necessity.
ReplyDeletehave a great massage! turning green over here...:)