Saturday, February 19, 2011

Smorgasborg and Bedtime Routine

Happy Weekend y'all!  I hope you are having a great Saturday so far!  I am at work (its the 3rd Saturday in my work rotation). 

My past few days recap.
Thursday was rest day.

Friday(yesterday)  I was so busy at work that I wasn't sure I was going to get in my alotted 3miles.  Well, lo and behold, my 7am patient cancelled, so I jumped (literally) on the "dreadmill" at work and knocked out 3.05miles before my 8am patient arrived!  Done!  But now I know why I don't run in the mornings, I was again STARVING all day.  I have GOT to get this new balance right with my calories.  I have been ravenous the past few days and I REALLY don't like it! 

My mom is a huge Valentine fan.  We have had a gift/money and treats every year for as long as I can remember.  As well as a Valentine Dinner.  My mom goes ALL OUT!  Last night was the super d duper supper.  I nibbled on some good eats.  Everything included:
Chips and avocado dip for an app
Steak (salmon for me)
Cajun rice
Salad
Baked potatoes
Crab meat
Shrimp
Rolls
Pecan Pie
Brownies with ice cream!

My plate consisted of lots of salad, salmon, a wee bit of rice, a roll, few pieces of shrimp and a piece of crab meat.  I did get a brownie with a small scoop of ice cream!
The funny thing is an hour after we got home I was STILL hungry.  I have the metabolism of a HUMMINGBIRD these days!! 

Ava News:  We have been incorporating a routine with her at night.  We let her do her own thing and fall asleep at night whenever she felt like it.    About 2 weeks ago, we decided to start 8pm bedtime.  We have stuck with this and she is doing great.  We start getting her ready about 7-7:15 and between 7:30 and 8pm I take her to her room and rock her.  I typically give her a bedtime "snack" and she is usually asleep in 15min.  I then take her to her crib and let her be.  A couple of nights she has "woken" up and after 10 minutes or so of making whiny noises she falls back to sleep.  Last night she slept 6 straight hours!  I didn't know what to do with that kind of sleep.  Albeit we have been up since 5am on a Saturday, but hey I will take an extra 2 hours of sleep when I can get it!


What are you doing today?

I am hopefully going to run my 5 miles for the day here shortly!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment