Monday, February 14, 2011

Grandparents weekend


Today is Love day!  In our house though, every day is love day!  Cheesy, but its true!  We don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day.  We like to show our love on more days that just Feb. 14.  That is just us though and am all for whoever does celebrate it somehow.
Have you or will you celebrate Feb. 14th??


This weekend was bu.sy!!!  We went to the gym on Saturday.  I did a hard "Pump it up" class and then ran 4miles after.  (I started 1/2 marathon training.)  I was SPENT after a day at the gym.

We had brought clothes to change into so we could head to Bowling Green, KY to see Ava's Mamaw Neese(Clint's mom, Denise).  Ava's cousins picked her name, so that is what Ava will call her.  We hung out with her and her fiance for a couple of hours then headed home to rest a bit before we went to the Nashville Predators game that night.  We got tickets to sit in Clint's work's box seats, which is always nice!  Poor Ava has no idea there are 3 periods to hockey!  She is 3 for 3 falling asleep during in the 3rd period!

I have had an on/off headache for the past few days and woke up with a pretty bad one yesterday.  We opted out of church, but the house needed to be cleaned for Clint's dad and girlfriend to stop by in the afternoon.  Things must go on right?!?!

The "pops" visit was good.  He brought Ava a Valentine Monkey and was all smiles for them.

We have been "planning" to make chicken pot pie for weeks.  For some reason or another, it hasn't worked out, until last night!!  We kind of threw it together Ferrell-style and it turned out really good.

Our chicken pot pie recipe
Preheat oven to 400F
2 pre-cooked frozen pie shells, set out to thaw a bit
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 bag frozen peas and carrots
1 can Healthy Campbells Cream of Celery soup
1 can Healthy Campbells Cream of chicken soup
Seasonings-pepper, garlic, a few others that I'm not sure what Clint threw in.

Mix all of the ingredients together.  Add into one of the pie shells.  Carefully and OH SO gently take the other pie crust out of the pan and place on top of the fillings and other pie crust and pinch sides together.  Poke a few slits in the top of the crust.  Brush a little "can't believe its not butter" on top.
Put in the oven at 400F for about 30-35 min.

Cut and enjoy!
Servings: 8
Calories per slice: ~285
Fat per slice: ~12g
Protein per slice:~17g

Going to get our workout on tonight after work.  I will update tomorrow morning with the workout of choice. I know I have 3 miles to run according to my training schedule.  We will see what I come up with in Vagina-land workout area.

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment