Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Half birthday and meeting gym again

Good Morning!  I hope everyone is doing dandy and right as rain! 

Yesterday was Ava's Half Birthday!  Yep 6 months old!  Sheesh, the time is flying.  I feel like being pregnant with her lasted FOR.EVER, but her being here is whizzing by us!

Her achievements so far:
She is sitting up all by herself for long amounts of time.
..........rolling all over the place.
When she is on her belly, turning around in circles.
When she is sitting up, she has started to lean over and reach and last night she did that and pulled herself closer to me.
We have eaten cereal, green beans, and squash so far.  Loves them all.  She reaches up like a baby bird for the spoon.  (next up is sweet potatoes and peas.)
Slobbering like a St. Bernard.  Her teeth are right.there!
Saying "mmmmmmmma" and lights up when we say "daddy."
She is looking up in her carseat to "look" at whoever is driving the Murano.

Wow, she is growing so fast!  I need to stop her!, Well, halt her a smidge at least!  She has her 6 month check up next week, so we will see if the sugar monkey has grown and how much she weighs.

Last night was gym time!  It has been OVER A WEEK, since I was able to get to the actual gym.  I did do the Kinect and worked out at work though.
This is what I did to get back at it.
Cardio:
10 min run on dreadmill (6.0-8mph)
Weights:
Bent over lateral shoulder raises 2x10, 20lb DBs
Single leg-leg extension(machine) 2x10/leg 40lbs
Standing Front Delt Raises 2x10 12lb DBs
Deep Squats 2x20 2,20lb DBs
Flat Bench chest press 2x10 20lb DBs
Good Mornings 2x20 2,20lb DBs
Bicep Curls 2x10 20lbs DBs
Combo:Fire hydrants/donkey kicks 2x20/leg
Bent over rows(palms facing body) 2x10 20lb DBs

I went to get back on the dreadmill to wait on Clint and his buddy Adam to finish up and they walked around the corner as I was pushing "manual."  We looked at each other and said, "we are good, let's get Ava and get out of here!"  I had a great workout.  I lifted hard, hit all the major muscles, I didn't need more cardio!
If you would have told me I would be satisfied (even proud) of that workout 2 years ago, I would have laughed at you!  I am evolving that's for sure!
How have you evolved in your workouts?

Tonight, we are going to another Nashville Predators hockey game!!  Details on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment