Yeah-yeah it is Friday!
Love me some Friday's!
Halloween night I indeed got off work at 6pm and rushed home with a treat of pizza for supper.
It stayed warm in the oven until we got back from
TRICK OR TREATIN'.
We went to a local neighborhood and let me tell ya it was THE place to be. Let's put it this way, if you lived there you needed to do some MAJOR candy stockin up! There were kids, parents, and cars EVERYWHERE! It was such a fun atmosphere to be in! Clint sent me a picture of him putting face paint on Ava and it is the MOST disturbing picture of her EVER! I will spare you the scary crying painted up face.
Needless to say, when I got home, she had a squeaky clean face!
Ava did so great! Clint took her to most of the doors, she wanted him too. I guess she felt safe with her big strong daddy!
She wasn't to keen on saying "trick or treat" when she went up to the doors, but EVERY single time she said "thank you!" I am all for our child being polite!
From house to house she would say, "daddy, i'm trick oh treatin" and "my punkin heavy."
Some graves in someone's yard.
There was one house that was SCARE-EEE!
The last 2 houses, she was brave-pants McGee and went to the doors herself and said "thank you". Proud parental moment!
In the car on the way home, she got ONE dum-dum y'all! That is it! I choose not to give her anything else, just because and she had that one and she was fine.
We went to our next door neighbor's house and visited for a few and Ava handed out candy to some fellow trick o' treaters.
Yesterday was a busy day for us. I got up and had some coffee and ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill. Crappy Achilles! Ugh. I played it safe and got off when it started bothering me. I did a 12 minute Bodyrock workout and whew it was a good one!
We got ready and headed to the office to do some cleaning before we met my bestie and her kiddos to look around for some plants and such.
Love these kids. The baby isn't in the picture but here are the rugrats.
We left there after a too short visit and went to get my hair trimmed up. This is the soonest I have ever gotten my hair trimmed. I can usually got 3-4 MONTHS! Yea I know. But this time was 2!
She wanted to sit in my lap and look at the mirror. After this, she played with "piper" her doll and was completely good while my stylist, Jamie finished up.
Kroger was next up! I love me some Kroger. They have such great deals and organic foods to boot.
I didn't need a whole lot, but I came across some great deals on things that I will be using in the next few weeks for Thanksgiving, so I snatched them up. Fletcher, the little boy in the above picture had some goldfish, so that is all Ava talked about and to my amazement she spotted them in the aisle. Well, since you "i spied" them, I can let you have a treat!
We got home and I put up the groceries and we went out to play. When Clint got home we stayed outside and I cleaned the garage and he cut up the leaves. Ava drew a picture and wanted to display it in her house! Adorable!
After Clint got done, we let Pekka run like a crazy dog outside of his fence and Clint took Ava on a ride. (don't worry, no blades were on and he stayed on flat ground)
Gotta love country living1
We came in and got cleaned up and jammy-fied and snuggled a bit on the couch.
I finally got up and made supper.
Healthier chicken pot pie!
This was good!
I boiled a hormone free chicken breast earlier so that was ready to be chopped up.
I added 2 cans of Light Progress Chicken pot pie style soup and about a cup of frozen veggies.
I put some butternut in the mircrowave to soften and then diced up about a cup and added it to the pot too.
I brought this to a boil and then simmered until I was ready to put in the dish.
I took some Pillsbury biscuits 4 in fact and cut them up into 4 pieces.
I poured the heated mixture into a baking dish and placed the cut up biscuit pieces on top. I baked this for 27 minutes at 375 degress.
Comfort food goodness.
Well, I need to get some work done, so have a great Friday!
See ya soon.















No comments:
Post a Comment