Friday, November 9, 2012

Groceries and recipe keeper



Yippy skippy it is FRIDAY!!
I hope y'all had a great day yesterday!
We did for sure!

We got up and I had coffee and got Ava some cereal.  We chatted mama/toddler style and I did my She Reads Truth devotional while she watched Doc McStuffins (fantastic cartoon btw).

I'm pretty sure I have injured my Achilles to the point of a good week's rest from running. (sigh) But I can still Bodyrock...oh yea!

We had to meet a girl at 9am to get a Xmas gift for my sister and then we were off to Kroger and Trader Joe's. 

Ava fell asleep about 10 minutes away from Kroger and I thought she would wake up when I got her out of her carseat.  NOPE.  She slept until about 20 minutes into grocery shopping at Kroger.  I love this, but my arms are SORE today!  Workout and grocery shopping combo...yes please!!



Two things happened at Kroger that were note worthy though.
A guy got my attention and told me I was about to lose some cash out of my back pocket. 
Good Samaritan or a guy checking out my butt?!  Hmmm. I'll go with Good Samaritan!

Next, the guy using the sweepy buffer machine asked if I knew Spanish, when I said not enough he said he just thought I looked like I would speak it.  Hmmm..not quite sure about this one, but it gave me a chuckle!

I saved $55 at Kroger with coupons and store savings!  Woot woot!

Trader Joe's was up next.

"emergency" snack

We got what we needed there and some "fun" new stuff and headed on home.

I got 2 weeks worth of groceries and some things for Thanksgiving and spent $128!  I'll take that!!

It was about noon when we got home and had about 3 hours until Clint got home.  What do you do with 3 hours, when the groceries are done and the house is "semi" clean?

GROCERY SHOP of course!


This section AND the other section of the couch was FULL of groceries. 
Ava made me the BEST "sandwich" ever!

A little while later it was snack time.
Ava and I shares some organcic snow peas and carrots with French onion dip.
(yep, in a cool whip bowl)

Supper, was let me tell you FANTASTIC!
I made Iowa Girl Eats Homemade Hamburger Helper.
It was a family fave!
Ava had 2 little helpings and I couldn't stop talking about it!
I used ground turkey meat instead of hamburger, but follwed the rest of the recipe to a T.
I WILL be making it again...SOON!

It was so easy and healthier than the box hamburger helper.  Plus the ingredient list involved things I could pronounce!  Run over there NOW and make this soon!!!

I hope that you have a great weekend!
See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment