Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Doctor check-in

27 week check-up.
Urine test-CHECK

Blood Pressure-CHECK and GREAT

Weight-CHECK.  GAINED 4lbs.  That is typical and as my doc was looking at my chart she said, "I think you might have been a little underweight pre-pregnancy, so I'm not really worried about your weight!"

Ava's heartbeat-CHECK. 152BPM

Fungal Height-CHECK. Measuring 28 weeks.  No cause for concern.

Gestational Diabetes test-CHECK.  I had the FRUIT PUNCH and it was actually REALLY GOOD.  I went down to the lab to get my bloodwork done 1 hour after I finished the drink.  I felt kind of jittery and not "right" because of the sugar.
(results) should be in tomorrow.  No news is good news though.  So fingers crossed that my blood sugar is less than 140 and I'm not enemic.

Next appt-We start 2 weekers now.  In 2 weeks I meet another doc from the practice to become more familiar with them all.  WHO KNOWS WHO WILL ACTUALLY DELIVER BABY AVA?!!?!?!


***Please keep Clint's family in your thoughts and prayers please!!  His Nana isn't expecting to last much longer.  I will keep up updated on the situation.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for a great appointment! I'll be thinking about your hubby's family though - I'm sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad things are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - going great so far! Isn't it amazing that we go through the whole process of choosing a doctor and then in the end it's a crap shoot whether we get them or not. Grrr... I hope you end up with someone good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jsut can't believe you're 27 weeks along already. Time flies!

    You, Clint and his family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 28 weeks how awesome! I will pray for Clint's family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you had a great appt and things are going well! Lots of PT&Ps for your DH's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are going quite well. Lol, I love that you liked the fruit punch they gave you - classic :) Happy ICLW!

    ~Miriam (ICLW #141) Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for good dr appts. Sorry to hear about your hubby's nana - sending good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow 27 weeks! I know I don't get that much time on the computer at the moment but it seems like only yesterday you were hitting 20 weeks!

    Glad to read your GTT went well, sending positive thoughts for your hubby's nana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great appointment. Praying for your family!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, look at you, checking everything off your list! Great week for you and little Ava.

    Fingers crossed for the glucose test, but from the way you eat and exercise, I'd be shocked if you "failed".

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete