Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last week of 2nd trimester!!

Hi!!  For all the new and returning ICLW'ers, welcome to my internet home.  We are expecting a baby girl at the end of July and are counting down the weeks until we see her sweet face.  My husband is ready for her, but I am not.  I have all of these fears and worries about when she gets here.  My "secure" side says there is no need to worry; that Clint and I will figure things out, but my "insecure" side tells me I'm not ready and am really not going to know or figure things out.  I need a happy medium of the two.  Our lives are definately going to change and be extremely different, but for the better!!

How far along? 26 weeks
How big is baby?


What is baby doing this week? Babyzone.com says "This week your baby-to-be opens her eyes for the first time. She'll open and shut her eyes as she gets used to her new ability. Your little one is still on the small side. Her body may look fully formed on the outside, but inside there's fine-tuning taking place, including her lungs and her brain. Your unborn baby still has some growing to do!?


What is going on in mama? Allergies are still here, but I am getting used to them.  They are better though.

Symptoms:  If I sit for a while my butt and back start to hurt, but other than that nothing big.

Total weight gain: Still do not know and do not want to know.  Life is so much better.

Maternity clothes: There are clothes that aren't maternity???

Sleep: Pretty good for the last week actually.


Best moment last week? My mom and sis got to feel her kick.  My mom teared up and my sis was so excited.

Movement: She has learned how to have a party in my belly at times.

Cravings: I am pretty much back to pre-pregnancy.  Eating clean, healthy, natural foods.

Belly Button in or out: Still in there.


What I miss? Having a body can do whatever I want.  Things are starting to get harder and harder.



What I am looking forward to: The final trimester and doctor's appt next Thrusday.

Milestones: Last week in 3rd tri.


How is daddy? He is so sweet.  He sings to her each night before we go to sleep.  She swims over to his face and moves around. It is amazing!


4 comments:

  1. Yay, closing out the third trimester! It's been so exciting watching your pregnancy progress, Courtney!

    Is youe due date still the same, or has the doctor adjusted it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're almost to 3rd tri! Seems like yesterday you announced your BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! Congrats. You're going to love having a girl. Great blog, can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower from IComLeavWe.

    -K
    http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete