Friday, April 23, 2010

Pregnancy brain

Yes, I have had it for a while, Pregnancy Brain!  I have become forgetful and down right goofy at times.  I have locked Clint out of the house, forgot pertinent things, and yesterday I had another one.

A little background on my days.  I don't have to be at the gym until 10am.  Since I typically get up around 6:30am (with NO alarm) I do some housework, waste time on the computer and just piddle around the house.  Wednesday was my day off and I decided to do all of the laundry, fold and put them up.  Well yesterday, I had one more load that was drying so then I could fold that one and put them all up.  (Insert  folding here)  I was going room to room putting clothes away and Daisy, our Jack Russell aka Shadow, tends to follow us around the house.  I didn't think anything about it as I continued on. It was getting close to leaving, so I was shutting the doors to the other rooms of the house, getting my stuff together, and put water outside for the girl-pups in the fenced in backyard.  All seems normal.  Clint came and worked out and went home like usual. 

Daisy tends to climb the fence and get out.  (Don't worry she knows where home is and has a collar on.  It is annoying though. )We thought Clint had fixed her escape route.  He called when he got home to tell me that she had gotten out again because she wasn't in the backyard.  He said, "well, I thought that was where she was getting out, but I guess not."  Jokingly I said "maybe she is hiding in one of the back rooms. "  We hung up and about 2 minutes later he calls back asking when the pregnancy brain goes away.  I had no idea what he was talking about!!  He said, "Daisy was shut up in the back bedroom. "  I HAD SHUT HER IN!!!  I just assumed she was outside.  She never goes in there without one of us, nor does she hang out in there. The poor little booger had been in that room all day!!!  Clint said she ran outside and peed for about 30seconds.  All I could do was laugh!!  I had no idea!!!  I hope this forgetful, goofiness goes away after Baby girl Ava gets here!!! SHEESH!!  If you can't laugh at yourself right?!?!
Have a great FRIDAY!!!

7 comments:

  1. You're right... If you can't laugh at yourself you're in trouble! I'm glad Clint thought it was humorous too - and that he knew the 'problem'. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To give you something to look forward to, mine definitely went away one Bella was born!

    This story is too funny! I'm glad you can laugh at yourself too!

    My worst thing with pregnancy brain was never remembering for sure if I'd unplugged my flatiron or if I'd shut the garage door. I'd go back multiple times some mornings to check. Ridiculous!

    Happy weekend, lovely mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww poor pup! That's too funny! I miss my JRT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a little giggle.

    Oh my I've been super forgetful/clumsy as well. Goes with the territory.

    Good thing your husband has a good sense of humor too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor doggie, you have to give her an extra treat tonight =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW
    The poor dog LOL! Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww. Unfortunately I do that to one of my cats on occasion and I don't have pregnancy brain!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete