Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ava's 1st

I hope everyone's weekend has been great.  Ours has been pretty good.  After work, Clint and I went to McKay's, which is my FAVORITE bookstore ever.  You can buy, sell, and trade all sorts of things like books, DVD's, video games, etc.  I have gotten to where I go when I have books to sell back and shop while I'm there.  They give you so much money in trade and it is like Monopoly money.  I haven't had to actually purchase a book from there in a long time.  It is the best thing ever.

Anyway,  I was looking for Clint and found him in the Golden Books section looking through books for Ava.  It melted my heart.  He isn't that big of a reader like I am.  (I never leave home without a book!  Even if I am going to the grocery.)  We got a few books for her and her mama =).  Clint read her her 1st (in the womb) book last night.  It's one of my fave's.  I have such an amazing husband.


Do you remember your favorite golden book????

5 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Golden Books!! My favorite was the Little Red Caboose...oh memories lol.

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read too. What a great story about your husband reading to her already.
    Good luck and congrats!

    Happy ICLW(#70)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom still has our little golden books - I assume they will be passed on to the boys. This discussion is so funny - my mom and I were just talking about our favorites this weekend! Mine was The Tawny Scrawny Lion with The Saggy Baggy Elephant a close second :0).

    So awesome that Clint is reading to her - she will know his voice very well!

    ReplyDelete