Well, hello there! I hope everyone's week is going as smooth as possible!
I am back! To running that is! Monday, I tested the waters and was able to knock out a slow and easy 3 miles on the treadmill. I made sure to stretch, stretch, stretch before and after and ice just for precautionary purposes. It is a.ma.zing how much you miss something when you "can't/shouldn't" do it. My legs were being stubborn that first mile or so saying, "um excuse me lady, but we haven't done this in 5 days and we were getting used to the rest!" My response. "TOO BAD you two! Get to gettin." It felt so good to feel that "release" to run again. Running truly is a form of therapy.
Do you feel this way too?
Yesterday, I tested the waters again and hit up 4 miles on the treadmill at work. Good stuff!! Again, I stretched and iced after. But before I iced, I did a little bit of weights.
3x10 Superset
DB Pullover with crunch on exercise ball -20# kettlebell (easier to handle)
DB Hip Thrusts on exer. ball -20# KB
2x10 Superset
DB Chest press on exer. ball -2, 15#DBs
Lateral leg lifts braced on exer. ball (ouch)
2x10 Giant Set
Plie Squats -2,15#DBs
DB Bicep curls 2,15#DBsDB Overhead tricep extension 20#KB
I woke up a little stiff today, so I will take today as an active rest day and do some yoga when I get home!
Do you take active rest days? What do you do?
The reading of the The Runner's Diet is going good. It is an easy read. I will definitely be doing a "book report" for you when I am done. I just realized I am reading 3 books right now. There is The Runner's Diet, a book from a series by Rachel Vincent called Pride (it's a fun read about werecats and their Pride. I can't put them down. Well, I have to but I don't want to! Mama duties take precedence) and a girly read on my Sony Reader called Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery. Yes, I can actually read while running. Apparently, it is a skill. Haha, I also listen to music. It is amazing I don't have a falling of the treadmill story!
Are you reading anything these days?
Do you multi-task on cardio?
Alrighty, have a great day! Almost there.(the end of the work week that is!)
No comments:
Post a Comment