Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Toeing the line

Hey lovies!  I hope your Hump day is off to a smashing start!

I decided after much consideration about yesterday's workout dilemma to go ahead and run at the gym and lift.  I know I am crazy, but my "all, type A" personality felt guilty for not being able to mark off Monday's run on my schedule.
I had about an hour and a half to kill since Clint was playing Wally-ball with buddies.
Cardio:
@work on Treadmill-4.26m in 41 min
@gym on Treadmill-3.12m run; .4m walk on incline
Total 7.7miles
Weights:
(actually body weight workout)
Circuit: 2x through
Decline pushups 10x
Regular pushups 10x
Incline pushups 10x
Dips 10x
Sphinx pushups(ouch) 10x
Planks 1 min
So, after all of that I felt great and HUNGRY.  BUT.......I am toeing the line.  In my "all, Type A" personality, it is hard for me to have balance.  Not just in running, but with life.

There is NO reason that I HAD to run at the gym last night.  I had already ran 4.26 miles that morning!

I am nuts!

I have plenty of time to continue to accummulate miles for the 1/2.  Just because I feel good doesn't mean 2 a days is the smart option.

My "plan" has me doing cross-training today, but I am making it a Rest day.  This is actually hard for me and I could easily run at work, but it is more about proving to myself that I can have balance.  I will run/lift tomorrow and then get back to my regularly scheduled plan, but for today I can show myself that resting is good for my body.  Life happens and I don't HAVE to do a 2 a dayer to make up for a run.  I had a stomach bug for pete's sake!  I would've been completely ok with nixing it for the week!

Ok, I am done preaching to myself. haha

How do you find balance?
Do you feel guilty about rest days or missing a workout?
What is your personality type?


Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment