Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Weekend Recap

Hidey ho neighbors!

I hope your weekend was a good one!  The weather here went back to wintery yuckiness.  Come on Spring! You are such a tease!

Friday was hellaciously busy!  I had patients or clients EVERY HOUR!  It does make the day go by supa-dupa fast, but I felt like a chicken without a head running around at times or a juggling monkey.  But I did have something to look forward to!

60 minute MASSAGE!!!!!!!!!!


My good friend, Amanda, is a massage therapist and she knew my achilles/calf was acting snotty, so she said to come to the salon where she works and she would work on me!  SCORE!

Let me tell you, she is AMAZING!  I felt so relaxed and she worked out spots in my quads and shoulders that I had no idea were so knotted up.  I left feeling like a brand new woman.

I went home to my loves and we relaxed at home for the rest of the night.

Saturday, I had to work, again.  This is the 3rd in a series of 6 I am having to work!  The paychecks are good for 6 day a week work weeks, but I had a wonderful husband and runny nosed/raspy voiced baby at home...without me!

I was able to leave earlier than I thought and headed to the grocery real quick before heading home.  You see, my sis turns 21 today, so my whole family got together on Saturday night at my parent's house.  She had requested
Source

Vanilla-Fudge Marble Cake

Ingredients

Serves:   Update
    • 3/4 cup butter, softened
    • eggs
    • 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1-1/2 cups sugar
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla
    • 1-1/4 cups buttermilk or sour milk
    • 2/3 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
    • 1 recipe Semisweet Chocolate Icing

Directions

Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on low to medium speed about 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on low to medium speed 1 minute after each addition and scraping bowl frequently. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Reserve 2 cups batter. Pour remaining batter into the prepared pan.
In a small mixing bowl combine chocolate-flavored syrup and reserved 2 cups batter. Beat on low speed until well combined. Pour chocolate batter over vanilla batter in pan. Do not mix.
Bake about 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove cake from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack. Drizzle cake with Semisweet Chocolate Icing.
Makes 12 servings
Semisweet Chocolate Icing: In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Use immediately.
This was fun to make. I haven't had a chance or reason to make something like this, so I jumped at the chance when she requested.  The family gave this rave reviews and as a keeper!  Funny thing is, I didn't even taste it!  So, I am going on what my fam had to say about it!

Sunday was church, a few errands and Panera Bread.  I love this place.  This not running for the past few days has really diminished my appetite though and I wasn't able to finish all of my food. (UNHEARD OF!)
We went home and relaxed and played a bit.  I even got to take a nap with Ava! (again, UNHEARD OF!)  After nap time, Clint and I tag-teamed and straightened up the house and did laundry for the week.  I am really liking cleaning on Sundays, that way we the whole week not to worry about it!  Plus a cleaning partner is never a bad thing!
And today is Monday.  Where did my weekend go??  Sheesh.  The good thing is, I am getting back to running tonight.  I am going to ease back into this week.  All treadmill runs.  Walk/run tonight and then gradually add in continuous runs and mileage and incline.  Since I took less than a week off, I haven't lost any cardio fitness and can really jump right back into my 1/2 marathon training, but I am trying to be smart and not go too big too soon and really hurt myself.  
I got a new book to peruse.
Runner's World Runner's Diet: The Ultimate Eating Plan That Will Make Every Runner (and Walker) Leaner, Faster, and Fitter

I am really looking forward to seeing what the author has to say.  I am a self-professed learning nerd.  When I am interested in something, I soak up all the knowledge and research I can!

How was your weekend?
Are you a "nerd"?


Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment