Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't ask unless you REALLY want to know!!

Hello there!  Merry Fall Tuesday.  I am feeling tons better since my upsetting Sunday and put away Debbie Downer.  After, Clint put things in a better perspective for me I was able to accept it.  He kept saying, "this is their journey and it was time for them, but our journey is ours and our time will come.  Your temperature has been up and that's exciting for us."  Catch me as my heart melts.  He is amazing at helping me focus on truth.  (I am one lucky chickadee.)  Focusing on truth was a concept I learned in therapy and it works so well for me. 

The concept of truth is after you have a negative thought, you should STOP and THINK, "is this true or false?" 
Ex.  "I FEEL FAT."  Now, you think AM I REALLY?  Do I look any different from yesterday??  Do my close fit tighter??  NOPE!!!
9 times out of 10 truth defeats the crazies in your head. 

Next time you have negative nina thoughts, STOP and THINK......Now is that really true???

I have to tell you a story that I think is hysterical and would only happen to me.
At the gym last night I was winding down the night and a member's husband had just joined a few days ago and was finished waiting on his wife. He asked if I work out all the time and I said not really anymore.  I was leery about telling him about why I haven't been working out. I mean he is a stranger and a lot of our family and friends don't even know we are struggling in the baby making realm. 
Well, he opened the fertiilty door by saying they have been trying to get pregnant again since 4 years ago they had a miscarriage. He precedes to tell me about his SPERM COUNT!!!  and that it has gotten worse so he needed to lose some weight.  EXCUSE ME?????  You didn't just discuss your wounded soldiers to me did you??  I was inwardly laughing me bootay off b/c it was the oddest thing to be talking to a random man about his low sperm count. Come to find out his  Dr. put him on CLOMID. Um...we take the same medicine??  Well, then I had to tell him we take the same MEDS!!! HAHAHAHA
Clint thought it was kinda disturbing for a man, a random man, to be talking to HIS wife about his sperm. In a way I think it is weird and also neat to hear from a man's perspective with it being his "fault" that they can't get pregnant. Crazy. Apparently I had the "SHARE YOUR HEART WITH COURTNEY" slogan on my forehead. ( you know how you ask a checker in Walmart how they are and they ACTUALLY proceed to tell you, when all you were doing was being polite! jeez)

I am weirded out and glad I was there to listen to his frustrations and share mine.  I feel that there is a reason and time for everything and apparently last night was time for SPERM TALK.

Have you ever been polite in asking how someone was and they ACTUALLY told you??
Do you feel like you are put in certain situations for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I absolutely think YOU were put in that situation for a reason. Your husband had the perfect words for you regarding your journey. I honestly feel very guilty sometimes when I hear of women struggling to concieve. I was planning a wedding when I became pregnant. I was nervous and scared when I should have been excited. Of course after a few weeks I was overjoyed. But, it took Mallard longer to embrace the pregnancy. I know that some women would think that's not fair and it's not. We have built our lives around Snuffy from the moment we realize the pregnancy was the real thing. It will happen for you. It will happen when the time is right. The time was right for me...I just didn't know it yet. Sometimes the plans we have aren't the plans that are meant to be. You will be a GREAT mom.

    ReplyDelete