Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hurry up and wait.

Hey there.  Good morning to you all.  It feels more like the afternoon to me since I have been up since 4:15am to train a client.  Sometimes the job has its perks and sometimes eh, not so much. 

I am really not sure where this post is going to go.  I really don't have a lot of neato-schmeato things going on as of the last 3 days.  But, let's see.  Maybe I can drum up some excited from my neck of the woods.

I don't know about anyone else that is TTC, but I CAN NOT GET BABY STUFF OFF THE BRAIN!!  If I'm not thinking about practicing getting pregnant, envying someone who is, or wondering what it will be like to see 2 PINK LINES, I am continuing my education on Google Ed., on The NEST or The BUMP, or reading blogs.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.  I am well on my way to being Rebecca De Mornay in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle.  (totally joking!!)

I am driving myself bonkers.  And all of this waiting.  PLEASE! 

I just finished my last day of my 2nd round of CLOMID 100mg.  It made me considerably more sleepy.  Good thing I took it at night!  Genius genes.

Now we WAIT.....AGAIN.......for Nov. 4th when I go see if the size of my follicles is up to codes.  I am trying to keep myself busy though.

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURSELF BUSY, COURTNEY??
~Well, since I was asked.  I READ.  A LOT.  I probably read about 2 books a week on average. 

HOW DO YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ THAT MUCH?
~Most people aren't aware of this, but gyms aren't ALWAYS busy.  Actually, the number of people who come to "sweat our their meanness" (g-ma saying)  dwindles after lunch and people trickle in or not at all.  This is when I read.  I can get in a couple of good hours worth of reading in this time and others that may allow it.

WHAT DO YOU READ??
~Mostly fiction.  Romance fiction.  Some biographies(if they appeal to me).  Blogs count?  Yep.  Right now I am reading a Nora Roberts collection about the MACGREGOR FAMILY.  There are love stories of each member of this clan and how they are all connected.  I love to find out what happens to the "supporting actors."  Don't you wonder, either in books or movies, "well what happens next?"  Do they get married, have kids?  I NEED DETAILS.


WAIT.....YOU WORK IN A GYM.  YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WORK OUT ALL DAY???
~Um. NO!  Trying to get pregnant here, HELLOOOOO.  Lifting weights lowers your body fat, and cardio burns the fat.  I need to hold onto what I've got to have enough hormones to function as a girl should.  Although, I do do cardio for about 30min 3-5 days a week.  This is to keep up my stamina some, plus it KEEPS ME SANE.  I do not do well, without some sort of exercise.  Clint welcomes a wife with happy emotions not one with head biting off tendencies.

WHAT KEEPS YOU BUSY WHEN YOU ARE WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN?


Onto other news, I wrote in another post how I LOVE me some pumpkin.  Well, my mom gave me a couple of little pumpkins to do with whatever.  Since, we already carved our pumkins this past weekend, I decided I would bake them and have fresh pumpkin for my daily dose of oatmeal goodness. 

I got on the web and research the temperature and method of baking the said pumpkins.  There were quite a few ways.

My way.
1. Cut them in half and scrape them out.  (save the seeds if you want, so you can roast them.)
2. Put about 1/2 in water in a baking dish and place the halves (flat side down) into the dish.
3. Put in oven at 375 degrees for about 45 min.  May be longer or shorter.  Keep an eye on it.
4. You will know when it is done, if you smell a little bit of burning(not that that happened to me) or if they collapse.
5.  Take out and take of the skin (it just peeled off for me) and let cool.
6.  Put in air tight container and refridgerate.

My thoughts on the amazing baking pumpkin experience.  Honestly, it was too much trouble, and tasted kind of off.  I would much rather my sweet friend LIBBY.  She NEVER fails me.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO BAKE PUMPKINS? 
ANY WAYS TO MAKE IT BETTER?

5 comments:

  1. This post made me smile! It reminded me of when I became pregnant :)
    Good luck on your adventure and stay healthy!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Countney… I wish there was something I could say to help you out, but there's not! I can't say that I know what you are going through but I can only imagine how hard it is to "hurry up and wait"! I have had babies on the BRAIN lately. I want one!!!! OMG I never thought I would say that. Hello biological clock! Unfortunately we have to wait awhile to even TRY… then hopefully we don't have any problems but who knows. I guess you just have to roll w/ the punches! Your time will come =)
    As for keeping myself busy when I am waiting… can't help you there either! HAHA I am OCD when I am excited or antzy about something! I'm sorry… my comment was like no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL YES... I would love to drink beer for everyone =) Calories don't count on vacay!
    BTW I stalk The Nest also! Occasionally stalk the "getting pregnant" board... even tho I am not TTC! I am so weird! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY I am officially a STALKER =) I am somebody! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hang in there girl! my best friend's sister was on clomid and eventually got pregnant - now her lil' tyke is 2 and oh so cute!

    good luck girl...and LOVED the q+a!!!

    ReplyDelete