The other day I went to get some canned pumpkin and low and behold, there was not a CAN ON THE SHELF. What!! how is that possible?? But its FALL. Hasn't anyone at the particular Wal-mart that I went to extremely excited about pumpkin even LOOKED at the calendar!!! Sheesh.
Alas, I went today on this grand 1st day of October and there was a FULLY stocked section of big AND small cans of the glorious pumpkin.
(The evil eyes I gave to the empty shelf the other day, must have been noticed and they got on that shipment STAT!) Probably not. Hey, I can hope that my evil stare has that much power.
Not only did I get pumpkin, but Clint said "hey why don't you use that pumpkin for something in your supper tonight and I'll just cook up the pork chops I laid out this morning for me?" THIS MAN WAS SENT FROM HEAVEN. Don't think I didn't squeal in delight clap my hands. (Think "Hercules, Hercules" hand clapping)
I am not sure what I will make with my manna from Heaven tonight, but I can not wait.
I was able to run a very sweaty 5.41 miles on the treadmill earlier today. I'm not a huge fan of the T-mill, but when you live at the gym all day, its not like you can just take off and run outside. Oh, but I can dream that I was running this scenic route in the fabulous 75 degree weather.
Onto bigger news.......my mother-in-law is moving in with us in 2 weeks. Now I love my mother-in-law. She is quirky and fun and could care less what ANYONE thinks about her. Its just that selfishly I love having Clint to myself (with the exception of a baby of course) and the routine we have. With her moving in, it is going to change the entire dynamic that we have set in place after 1.5 years.
I am trying to not stress about things. My personality stresses so much over so many things that I DON'T EVEN KNOW I AM STRESSING. I have been physically preparing her room this week moving boxes out of it. (it has been a "just put it in the back room" type of room) I have also been TRYING to mentally prepare and not let the stress overwhelm my body. Stress is not good for my hormones.
When I have been driving back and forth to work, I have turned off the radio and just been using that time to think and pray about the situation and saying this is going to work out for the best.
I know God is teaching me something. I just wish I knew what.
What would you do in my situation??
How would you deal with this added roommate???


I just opened a can of pumpkin just like the above. I froze half because I wasn't going to use it quick enough. I'm not sure how that is going to work. I would suggest that you create some new traditions with the addition of your MIL. One night you need to go out just you and your husband (hello free babysitting) and one night/afternoon you should do something just you, your H and your kid. I would crave time for the normal family unit that was in place.
ReplyDeleteMy MIL and I don't really get along. She doesn't care for me much (sad, I know). I wish we did get a long.
YUM I adore pumpkin, I eat it in everything. Risotto, oatmeal, bread... I have lots of recipes if you need 'em! TOTALLY makes it feel like fall.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your MIL is moving in. Are you for real!? That is super stressful. You are a saint. I could never do it. (My MIL is a total nutcase. She means well, but I could CERTAINLY never live with her.). GOOD LUCK!