Good Monday morning. I hope your morning is going well so far. Mine eh not so bad. I started it with coffee and pumpkin oats. (Shocker!) They were so yummy on this chilly, cloudy October 5th.
I was making my food up for the day and opened the fridge and the glass jar of organic preserves crashed to the floor. I hurried to scoop up the raining in the jar that was salvageable. I managed to save 3/4 of the jar. Thank goodness. I mean how am I supposed to make my standard snack of PB and J without the J?? I was glad that our girls were outside when I dropped it so they didn't get glasses in their little paws.
Today, I am heading to a health expo at a middle school in town. This week is Child Health Week in Tennessee. It is going to :focus on childhood obesity, while highlighting ways for our children and families to make healthy eating choices, engage in physical activity, and learn ways of protecting their safety."
I am an avid supporter of this week. There are way TOO many overweight kids in this country. It breaks my heart to see them. We know a few 2 year olds that could pass for 4 year olds. It just doesn't seem right. Healthy kids start with healthy parents. I will be so glad when parents realize they are the example for their kids and have the control to promote healthy lifestyles. I understand sometimes it seems "easier" to stop at fast food places and to console hungry munchkins and get them whatever they want just to get them to stop screaming. I also understand that it is just as easy and cheaper in the long run to mass prepare snacks and dinners. Ok enough ranting about this. Onto other ranting topics.
Has anyone watched the Duggers? They are the couple that is on their 19th child. 19!! I feel like people who continue to have that many children are like really good sports teams that keep running the score up on the not so good teams. (blows my whistle!!) Unsportsmanlike behavior.
What about us who would just like to have 1?!?!?! Come ONNN!!!
I am going for an ultrasound tomorrow to see the size of my follicle(s) and lining thickness. I don't know what to expect! I don't know what a good size follicle is or how thick thick is.
Anyone had to go through this??
What should I expect to be good??
I am nervous. I'm not going to lie and say I am not. I hope I either have or am about to ovulate. That would be GREAAATTTTT!!
I had an ultrasound to get an antral follicle count a few months ago. So they were just looking at how many follicles I had in there, not lining and size and all that stuff. It's totally no big deal. Here's my post on it: http://thisplaceisnowahome.wordpress.com/2009/07/26/she-says-getting-the-workup-part-1/
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hope you get great news!
Thank you so much for the kind words!
ReplyDeleteLOL I am breaking up w/ the scale as of now. I had already decided that today. I can't let it rule me! Well just on Friday's for my BFL weigh in!
Thanks for stopping by my blog... your's is cute!
I totally feel your pain re: childhood obesity. It seriously pains my heart when I see obese children...they're starting their lives at such a huge disadvantage!! Ugh I feel for them. :(
ReplyDeleteAnd the Duggers..oi, don't get me started lol.
Great blog (btw, this is the same Lindsey/ Mrs. LC...just a new and updated blog with a new name)
love the ramblings here - there are obvious issues in this country that NEED to be addressed. good luck with the ultrasound!
ReplyDelete