I love the fact that I can write about whatever I want on this blog. I made it a broad name because my mind goes 872 different directions in a matter of minutes and I wanted to be able to write about whatever was going on in my life that was "worth it".
I think going through trials and tribulations in life does make you stronger. I would rather have gone through those rough times that not.
On Friday, I went to therapy. I haven't been in I think 8 weeks. It was great to see T. She is wonderful at what she does. We were talking about where my life has gone in the year I have been seeing her. I am a completely different person than I was a year ago. I was a selfish person, claiming not to be. Having an ED not specified is, to me, selfish. I was so absorbed in myself and thoughts about exercising, eating so much protein, and fighting the urge to overeat because my body was crazing food.
Sure, I wanted a baby, but I weas terrified of changing my body. It was all about me. I think that God was showimg me humilty. He was showing me that I WAS NOT HEALTHY ENOUGH. As a personal trainer, you have this persona to obtain. People are always looking at you by what you do or put in your mouth. That turned into an unhealthy situation.
Making the decision to get healthy was very hard. I struggled with it each day. It wasn't until the R.E. said that my hormone levels were good and my weight was at a happy place did I realize what I had done and who I was thinking about. ME!
A year later, and my priorities have COMPLETELY shifted. I want a baby badly and if I need to eat a cupcake I will. I might thing "oh dear goodness, I know how many calories that has!" but if it is for the hope of a baby then bring on the cuppycakes!
I know in my heart that this journey will be worth every struggle and tight pants day. I know that I am in a place in my life and my body that I am physically able to carry a baby if/when we conceive.
WAS IT WORTH IT??
~Yes, it was. I might have done some things differently, but those struggles have made me the person I am now. I am ready to be a mama, I am able to be a mama. An unselfish person, trying, with the help of my husband, raise a child in this world.
Instead of our plans yesterday, my husband declared Sunday afternoon not a day of rest and football, but of rakes, leaves, and blowers(not that kind!) We raked some of the yard and let me tell you, IT SUCKED!!
I have a deeper appreciation for him doing it all by himself last year. After an hour, I was done. Luckily so was he. Here are some pictures to document my helping of the leaf extraction from our yard.
PREPARATION MODE! HE ACTUALLY LOOKS EXCITED!
PART OF OUR BACKYARD. DOESN'T IT LOOK BEAUTIFUL?? IT IS SURELY NOT AFTER PILING THEM UP AND SWEATING LIKE A MAN IN A SAUNA.
I PRETENDED TO BE BADA$$. USING THIS THINGS MAKES YOUR HANDS TINGLE.
MY ATTEMPT TO KILL THE LEAVES AND MAKE THEM SUFFER. I SUFFERED MORE.
MY MAN SHOWING THE LEAVES WHO IS BOSS!
ARE WE DONE YET?? WE ONLY GOT A CORNER DONE?? WHAT THE &^&&^&*&((*)(*)(^^%%&???
SHE WAS NOT VERY HAPPY WITH DADDY! BUT SHE LOOKS SO DARN CUTE.
That was a memorable November 1. Next year, I am putting a net under the trees to catch the beautiful little turds before they hit the ground. I have learned my lesson. Thank you Mr. Clint for teaching me how hard it is to rake leaves. Have a great day!!!!
I totally hear you, sometimes I think this whole TTC struggle = a lesson in PATIENCE, which I have struggled with my entire life. Maybe I need to learn that skill before I'm ready to be a Mom? (Hey, if anyone is listening, I think I've learned it!)
ReplyDeleteAs for the tight-pants days, I'm getting lots of those, myself. It's something I didn't expect until I actually GOT pregnant, but if this is what my body needs, this is what it gets!!
You have a great outlook and it is awesome that you can see/feel how FAR you've come!!!
Glad you're seeing the bright side of all of this. It's hard for me to see why we're having this struggle and how it might be making me a better person. That's still something I still need to work on.
ReplyDeleteWell done on getting the leaves all cleaned up :-).
You are certainly not selfish now. The self-less-ness you have gained will make you an even better mom :)
ReplyDeleteThose pics of y'all doing yard work are just too cute!! Fortunately my man does all of our raking/shoveling/mowing, etc.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, it seems like you have a really healthy perspective on your journey. You're right - none of us would be who we are today if we hadn't had to learn a bunch of lessons along the way! :)
Exactly... especially pizza! LOL
ReplyDeleteLol funny pics, glad you "got" those darn leaves! I'm glad you are in a happy healthy place!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have come along way this year!! :)
ReplyDelete