Saturday, November 28, 2009

This and That

Happy 2nd day of leftovers!  I hope everyone's holiday was great.  ON TO XMAS!!!!  I love Xmas.  So excited.  We started decorating yesterday.

Our Thanksgiving was especially full of thanks this year.  We decided to just tell our parents now and everyone else (in real life) around Xmas.  The way it all worked out, each parent was going to be told separately.  Here is each scenario.
1. Clint's mom. She called to wish us Happy T day.  We were thinking of going to see his brother in Bowling Green, KY that night, but decided against it.  She asked if we were still going.  Clint grinned at me and said, well Courtney hasn't been feeling all that great.  She asked (in a joking way) "she's not pregnant is she?"  He laughed and said "actually she is!"  She squealed and was ecstatic.
2. Clint's dad.  We went to see him to visit Thursday mid-morning.  He always makes coffee for me when we go visit.  True to form, he made someand let me know it was ready.  Clint said well, she needs to cut back on her caffeine. (pause) For at least the next 9 months.  It took his dad a second and then said "what?'  Are you serious?  Um, yep I sure hope so.  He was so happy.
3. My dad. He is a fireman and was working Thursday.  We went to go visit.  We were in the kitchen chatting with him and a policeman friend of his.  The policeman was talking about being a granddad of 5 (there's my cue!)  I said, "well daddy's going to be."  The policeman said, "are you pregnant?" before it registered with my dad.  He finally said, "are you?"  I just grinned and shook my head yes.  He started to tear up.  Adorable.
4. My mom.  She is one tough cookie.  I wanted it to be perfect telling her.  It was going to be hard since the whole fam was around.  After we eat each year, we write a gift we want on a piece of paper to draw names.  That is always full of commotion and laughter at what everyone wants.  Anyway, each year she wants a written out list of what we want so she can shop for us.  Bless her heart.  I told her I had our list up in the bonus room and we went up to get it.  I had her read the list so she could ask questions about things.  She read over Clint's with minimal questions and then went to mine. She asked a couple of questions and then got to the word "DIAPERS."  She read it out loud and read it out loud again.  "What do you need diapers for?"  Then she looked at me  finally and said "Are you pregnant?"  She hugged me and started to cry.  Success!

All were a complete success and couldn't have went better.

We did go shopping Black Friday.  One of the malls in Nashville opened up at midnight.  So we decided what the heck.  I went home to take a nap and took out on our adventure.  We shopped for a couple hours and were feeling wide awake.  Although, let me tell you the whole time I was nauseous.  Yep, symptom one!  We went to another area of shops and finally got home about 6:45AM!!!  I still can't believe we did that.  We got A LOT of shopping done and are just about done shopping.

CONFESSION:  I took another test today.  I know I took 2 on Wednesday, but I had this uneasy feeling.  It was a digital and read PREGNANT.  I was at peace then.

 I am so excited for bloodwork on Monday.  We got 4 books about pregnancy and I am a reading machine, so of course I have been reading them, but Clint is really not a reader.  He got a Father to be book and Pregnancy for Dummies and has been reading it and reading to me. It is so amazingly adorable! 

I have loved spending time with him these past two days.  Our relationship has always been super strong, but this weekend it went to another closeness.  I love him!!!

HOW WERE YOUR HOLIDAYS??? 
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE THING YOU ATE??

10 comments:

  1. Holidays were great... And favorite thing I ate? My mother-in-law's sweet potato casserole. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, loved the stories about how you told each parent. So sweet.

    Holidays were great. i loved the sweet potatoes with maple syrup...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made your announcement special to each of the people closest to you! I love Christmas as well!! I can never wait to start decorating and playing Christmas music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice how you told your parents =) and when you tell everybody on Christmas is going to be super emotional. What a great thanksgiving! My Thanksgiving was awesome and my favorite dish is my Mom II(Mother in law she hates when I call her that so she's Mom II) three milks....so good!!! and fattening!!!! But oh well is only once a year. Hope you feel better. Zuly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing how you told you family. So sweet -- your family (and YOU!) must be over the moon. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a nerd... this post made me tear up! =) I am so freakin happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!! I'm so excited for yall!!! Congratulations!!! Aw, yaaayyy!!!!!!! What happy news :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the way you told everyone!!! So perfect. I, too, hunkered down with some pregnancy books today -- gotta get my fix... perhaps books are the new Google? Hahaha, just kidding.

    Good luck with your bloodwork today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Friend!!! These are memories you'll have forever.

    I love how Mr. Clint is already Mr. Daddy. Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool - I'm so happy for you! My husband is the same way. When we're reading books about infertility and IVF, he always starts reading to me outloud about what he's discovered. I love it when he takes interest at that level. It's great...I know he'll do the same if we get pregnant one day too. Big hugs and congrats!

    ReplyDelete