When Clint and I started dating, T-giving and holidays for that matter got STRESSFUL. I'm talking I was wound so tight I could put coal up my butt and make gold! We were getting in 3 families in 2 days. It hasn't been about being thankful and spending QT with fam. It has been hurry up and eat SOME, so we can hurry up and eat SOME more in a coupld of hours.
My family is UBER traditional to a very extreme extent. ANY change is looked down upon on holidays. This was a pebble in our road at first. We tried to make everyone happy, EXCEPT US!
This year, the 2 of the families wanted to do it at 4pm. We came to a decision of alternating T-giving day with one side. We will go see Clint's dad earlier that day, but he is the least stressful to visit of anyone! I did and still do feel guilty as it will be my family's turn this year. I feel guilt because 8 out of 10 times Clint sacrifices his time with his fam for my traditionally psychotic one! We see my fam once a week at church and if need be they live 4 min down the road. (Clint bought the house before we started dating.) He gets to see his fam on special occasions.
I am definately less stressed about that day though which is a blessing. My mom "seemed" ok with our decision. Well, to my face. Who knows what she truly feels! She is a VERY private mama.
Speaking of traditions, do y'all participate in dun dun dun........
Clint and I do. We love it. We get up at the butt crack of doom day and get out in the craziness. We never have a list or something special to go for. We just go to go. It has become our tradition and special time together. Not a lot of couples can shop together, especially at 4AM! We actually look forward to watching the crazies get all flustered and agitated over a something like a memory card or tv.
After we get back from shopping and laughing at people, (its a hobby I know y'all can relate to!) we start putting up XMAS decor!! (Woot woot chica chica) LOVE LOVE LOVE.
What are your plans for Thanksgiving?? Does each member bring a dish to the meal or does the host prepare everything?? We divy up responsibilities and bring different dishes.
OK....now for 2 important things. My mother in law is moving in yes. She has been packing up her stuff and getting it all together to be bringing it supposedly on Monday. One of you asked it I am ok with this?? Neither one of us are EXCITED about it. It will be different and change the house dynamic as well as me having to put clothes on to walk around, BUT we came to the decision that we have NO reason not to let her move in. We are blessed to be able to have a room for her and financially sustain her until she gets back on her feet. We plan on having an intervention you might say with her about what her plans are for a job and how long she plans on staying. We have to set ground rules. Although, Clint and I will talk about things before hand, I let him know that it is not my place to tell his mom what to do. He, by and large, will be the one to lay down the law. I am ok with that!
****WARNING....Be prepared for TMI!!!***** DON'T READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY INNARDS.
Next on the agenda, I am 12 DPO today. The past 4 days I have had pink CM. Not enough to get on the undies, but still there. It stopped last night-ish. I have made myself crazy trying to figure it out and I have decided I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!! I don't think it was a period, but I don't know if it was implantation bleeding My LP is typcially 13-14 days, so I dunno. ANY IDEAS??
WHEN SHOULD I TEST??
I have had such a good feeling about this cycle. Well, until the pinkish goo. Then last night when it had stopped I got exctied again. My temp has been up and steady. I am scared to test to be honest. I don't want to go on to #11!! Although, I will get through it, if I must, with y'alls and Clint's help.
WOW....this was a long one! I guess I should post more often. When I start typing my little phalanges just don't quit.
Have a GREAT Saturday. Any fun plans???

DH and I don't really do Black Friday normally, my SIL talked us into going last year...it was crazy and fun. We actually started and midnight since the outlet was open. Coach outlet on black friday was crazy.
ReplyDeleteWe rotate holidays between families since they live 4 hours apart. So we'll do thanksgiving at my parents, then christmas day at his this year. we'll do xmas at some point w/ my family too, just the weekend before or the weekend after.
With the pink stuff....hmm. I'm not sure, I don't have that much experiencing spotting. Have you had any of other pregnancy symptoms (sore bbs)? Glad your temp is staying high ...it sounds good. I would test 14 DPO if your temp is still nice and high. But that's just me...I can't stand wasting money on the Pregnancy tests.
have a great weekend!
I am crazy for the holidays myself. I just brought up all of our Christmas decorations from storage in the basement since we'll be traveling to my in-laws from Thurs-Mon of next week. Yes, I want to come back on Monday afternoon to a happy holiday home. I loooove this time of year!
ReplyDeleteI agree, wait til Monday if you can possibly stand it. Everything sounds A-for-AWESOME and I am super hopeful for you! :)
Yep, agreed -- I would wait for 14dpo too. That way, your period might come first, which in my opinion, is a bit easier than seeing a(nother) negative test. BUT, that said, all your signs point to YET so you could have some very awesome news today or tomorrow or the next day!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good Thanksgiving! We're going to my parents and my Mom usually buys everything and then we all help cook at her house all day and then eat and veg out.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get a BFP, that would be amazing! I don't really test until I'm late and then I go to the dollar tree and get a cheapo one.
And I hope your MIL moving in goes well. I think that's a smart move to talk with your hubby about the "ground rules" and then have him talk to her. That's definitely what I'd do...kind of stay out of it since it's his mom. I hope it works out, if not you can vent to me b/c my MIL is a piece of work! =)
I agree with the other, wait until 14DPO or the day your period is due...then you know the results will 99% be accurate. I think it's like 60% accurate before that.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had the gumption to do the Black Friday thing. I enjoy the laziness of the weekend too much and would much rather sleep in! However, I know I miss out on some great deals.
Hope the move goes well - I think ground rules are an excellent idea!