Happy Hump day! Yesterday, my mom met us at the doc with Ava for her 2 month checkup. It not only was convenient for my mom to bring her to meet us, but we wanted her to know where the doc office was and kind of be familiarized with things just in case she needs to being Ava anytime.
We go to checkin at the desk and the lady said that Dr. J wasn't there today and that we were called on 8/30. The funny thing is that I never got a call. What's more funny is that our records DO NOT have our phone number. So, whoever "called" said they did and put that in the computer. Wonder if they get in trouble??? The lady at the desk was awesome and said they would work us in immediately with one of the other docs. It really wasn't a problem with us. At least we would be able to meet another doc just in case doc J isn't there the next time.
Clint and I guessed what her weight would be and I was off by 2oz.
Stats:
Weight at Birth: 7lbs, 11oz
2 months: 11lbs 4oz (a little above 50th percentile)
Height at Birth: 19 3/4in
2 months: 21.5 in ( a little below 50th percentile)
She was great at the visit. She let the new doc move her around and check her out with a content face. The doc said she had strong muscles (that's my girl!) The new doc was great and very personable. Not a bad option when Dr. J isn't there.
All in all she is a healthy baby and we couldn't be more happy.
Now to the shots......dun dun dunnnnnn
She had one oral one that she took like a champ. Then she had to have 3 shots ( yes 3!) in her chunky little legs( I could just eat her chunky legs up!). I held her hands while the very sweet nurse pricked her. It was a 2 second delay each time, but she squeezed my hands so tight each time and did cry. When I picked her up to soothe her she had the biggest crocodile tears I have ever seen. After about a minute she was calm and fit as a fiddle again! I did ok! I teared a smidge, but I did better than I thought I would. The nurse said if she got a fever we could give her baby tylenol and she might be fussy or tired. She had a runny nose yesterday, so our parenting decision was to go ahead and give her some baby tylenol to prevent a fever and clear up her runny nose.
We decided to go ahead to the gym since she was doing ok, but were willing to leave depending on her temperament. She lasted the entire time!
My workout:
Cardio: Elliptical 35 min
Weights:
SS Incline Chest press 3x12 20lb DBs
Rows 3x12 20lb DB
Plank-1 min
V-ups-10x
SS Deep squats 3x20 20lb DBs
Leg Extension 3x20 drop sets
Crunch twists on ball 30x
Full situps on ball 30x
All in all it was a great workout. I am going to my 1st spin class this morning. It is funny that I have been so into health and fitness for so long and this is my first spin class. With my schedule and the gyms I have worked, I just haven't been able to. I know it will kick my tail, but that's what I enjoy.
Have a great day!
Ugh. Shots are always so hard. And it gets harder when they get older bec they know its coming and freak out before too. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you to go to your first spin class! I teach spin and it might be one of the hardest workouts there is...I like how it is strictly personal, you control the resistance/intensity. I hope you love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Courtney! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my new bloggie :) I've been lurking on yours for quite a while but haven't left any comments since I stopped blogging...Ava is absolutely beautiful and just cute as a little button! You must be so proud...congratulations! And hope you had fun at spin - it's such a great workout, I think! :)
ReplyDeleteThe shots are awful. Isa just got her four month shots today and she cried so hard. I felt awful for her. At least this time she didn't vomit all over the place after the oral one, though the nurse gave it to her in ten installments which sucked. Glad everything went well at Ava's visit!
ReplyDelete