On a serious note, if you didn't know this already, we had a little difficulty get pregnant. I had to go on hormone replacement therapy to get my non-existant hormones to a normal level as well as up my body fat percentage. We did two rounds of Clomid to help my ovulation. One year ago today on October 22, 2009, I started my period and that cycle turned in to this
( HI from the background! Look at those dimples on her elbows! I could slop her up with a biscuit.)
The funny thing is that I ovulate 2 weeks later at a couples church retreat! haha Hey what can I say...when the mood strikes!! Plus timing is everything!
I know this might not seem neat to most people, but I am amazed everyday at the life Clint and I created. I usually don't talk about God on here, but I think he created the human body, especially a woman's to be so AMAZING and intriging. How your body can start the menstrual cycle, release and egg, get it fertilized (by the love of my life in this case) and turn into a tiny perfect little human. How so many things have to come together perfectly to fuse to make her bones, her skin, her eyelashes, her organs. How I could carry this growing perfect being in my body and my body know when it was time the she was "cooked". (40 weeks, 2 days) How my body can produce food for her to live off of and continue to grow and develop.
Speaking of Ava's food aka milk. I have talked previously talked about using oatmeal to produce more milk supply and that does work for me because I can pump enough milk throughout the day for me to take to my parent's house for the next day. My problem is, that I haven't been getting home until around 6ish or later at night, so Clint has been having to get into our freezer stash for the feeding after he picks her up at my parent's. That stash is slowly deminishing. I'm talking like 5 maybe 6 packs left. EEEK!! I had a little heartbreak and tear drops after I realized that my "liquid gold" is slowly running out. I haven't been pumping enough milk to freeze extra, just enough to feed her when I am not with her. Clint has no problem with supplementing formula every now and then and I know it wouldn't be a bad thing and PLENTY of parents use formula for their children. BUT, I would kind of feel like a failure. I know that wouldn't be true, but I feel like as her mama it is my body's job to give her the food and nourishment that she needs. I would like for her to be on breastmilk until she turns a year old and puttting her on formula even to supplement would mean that I couldn't do my job well enough to produce her food. I have been thinking about this nonstop since last night and weighing all of the pros and cons as well as the mental fight I have been having with myself.
When my schedule changes to 7am-3pm I will be able to pick her up and feed her myself at the 5:30pm-ish feeding. But, to help boost my supply a little more so I can replenish our stash, I have decided to try the herb Fenugreek for a little while to see if that will increase my supply that little bit more. Good thing Clint doesn't have a problem with maple syrup because on of he side effects of Fenugreek is that mama and possibly baby smells like maple syrup. Hey, I won't need to put on smell good lotion and since it is about to be the start of baking season for the holidays, I will blend in to my surroundings. haha. Hey, you have to look at the bright side of things right?!?! I will probably pick it up at a health food store this weekend and start taking it. I will keep you updated on if it is working or not.
Moving right along, I plan on working out after work today and I will probably take borrow a little bit here and there of Natalie and Melissa's workouts to change up things up. I love trying someone else's workouts or tweaking them to make them my own. You can never learn or know enough. I will let you know what my workout turns out to be.
Whew, sorry for the heartfelt novella. It's crazy how when you sit down to type you really don't know where you want to go with a post, but then you look and you feel like carpal tunnel could set in any time. =)
Have a fantastic Friday!!
.jpg)
We don't have kids yet but I'm often fascinated by the whole process of conception...and I'm sure it'll increase tenfold when we do have a baby!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I love getting inspiration from others' fitness programs and tweaking them to work for me. It's fun :)
Ava is too cute! Thanks for the picture.
ReplyDeleteI hope the fenugreek does what you want it to!
I wanted you to know that I was so inspired by all your working out that I traded in my stroller for a jogging stroller. I hope to start at least power walking with it next weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!
lovely post chica!!!! totally agree with how amazing creation is!!!!
ReplyDeleteAND btw i tried fenugreek and IMO,it helped me go from 2.5 ounces to 4 almost over night!!!! i would take it in the evenings to help boost my evening supply and i could even pump after her morning feed. and yes you will smell like maple syrup,especially after a sweatfest at the gym!!!!
let us know how it goes for you!!!!
I love your post! I am sure I will have tons of questions for you when it's my turn! :) Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteTori @ FIToriBLOG.com