Yesterday, I went to my 1st spin class ever. Like I said yesterday, one would think being a personal trainer and working in gyms for years that I would have done this already, but my schedule or the gym I worked in didn't allow it or didn't have the class.
I had an idea of what to expect. A cycle(duh), teacher, an hour long, and can burn a ton of calories! Well, I was right on all fronts. I got there at 9am and this sweet lady introduced herself and showed me how to adjust my bike. (who knew?) Some how it came up about Ava(I never talk about her, haha!) and that I was a personal trainer. She was so sweet and said I didn't look like I just had a baby 9 weeks ago and she could tell I was in good shape. Bless her! (body squeezing workout pants are a blessing!) Apparently Ms. Betty was the welcome wagon because she introduced me to everyone that came in (there were only 8 in class). They were all very welcoming and I didn't feel out of place or uncomfortable. The teacher Susan was a lady in her 50's I guesstimate and she had the BEST LEGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. She is about my height at 5'2 and I thought, "I want those!" If she gets those spinning, I was already sold on the class! I didn't know that Ms. Betty set me up on a bike RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TEACHER! Great. The teacher, Susan, kind of walked me through a few things and said you control your own bike and you get what you put in. Heck yeah. Let's go!
50 minutes later and one soaking wet spinning newbie, I LOVED IT! It was the hardest and best workout I have been put through and I was wore out, but I kicked tail! During one of the "in the clouds" sessions, Susan asked if I was sure this was my first class because I had great form! WHOOHOO! I just might have to learn to teach one day!
I really thought I wouldn't be able to walk this morning. I'm a little tight right now, but sore, eh not so much! I might be in better shape than I thought I was at 9 weeks PP.
Susan was right in that you get what you put in spin! My competitive nature COULDN'T wimp out at all. One lady said I did better than her and she has been taking spin for years. YESSSS! I always thought I wouldn't like to be yelled at while working out. I am not that kind of trainer. I will push you, but I will not yell and cuss and Jillian you. Susan would yell "push!!!" or "come on!" and I would get my butt in gear.
Will I be taking another class??? Yes, every Wednesday at 9am I will bounce my way into spin class.
I am a spinner!
Have a great day!
AWESOME! i think you sold me on spin class! LOL!!!
ReplyDeletei took my first ABS class last friday and was hooked!!!!
you gotta keep me posted on how this class goes for you!
I'm so glad you like it! Its one of my favorite workouts. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you had a great first class! With all the spinnin' you'll be doing you will soon give Susan a run for her money on the best legs in the class :) Welcome to the club!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad you loved spinning - I knew you would! Woo hoo :)
ReplyDeleteI used to LOVE spinning. In college I'd wake up at 6:30 to get there at 7am to put my card on a bike because it was insanely popular and filled up really quick. It is really the BEST workout. I hope you get to keep going!
ReplyDeleteI am seriously OBSESSEd with spinning! So glad you had a great first class! In my opinion, the teacher makes (or breaks) the class so I'm so happy you had a great first one!
ReplyDeleteI think it's the BEST HIIT workout!
Go girl! You rock! I can't wait to get back to my pre baby body! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWow girl you are determined to get back into shape and good on ya! Spinning classes look scary..but happy you are enjoying it!
ReplyDelete