Happy Saturday! It is supposed to be a beautiful Fall day today, sunny and 72degrees.. I am sitting on the couch feeding Ava, blogging, and drinking a cup of coffee. AHH, the little joys in life that start your day out on the right foot.
I have to work 9-2 today so Clint and Ava get to have an DD day (daddy, daughter). My schedule is about to change, so i will only work 1 Saturday a month. YAY. I will to participate in DD day turning it in to MDD day.
We have a dinner party tonight and that should be a lot of fun. Church in the morning, then out to lunch with Pops(Clint's daddy) and his girlfriend. Pops sent Ava a Halloween card the other day, so cute!
My post the other day talked about becoming a spin instructor or group fitness instructor and if my Personal Training certification accepts those certifications as acceptable CEU's. Annnnd.....they are! I can wipe about 10 CEUs out by taking either one! SCORE! Now, I just need to see which and when and maybe, possibly see if my boss would be willing to pay for it. if not, no big deal, but it never hurt to ask, right?!
My workout was great yesterday. I had some extra motivation for myself. On the way to the gym, I realized we leave for a weekend trip to the mountains with 3 other couples and there will be a hot tub! eeekk! Hot tub=bathing suit=motivation in the gym.
Cardio:
15 min on elliptical
20 min ladders on dreadmill
Weights:
(similar to Monday's workout, but more of speed workout)
Barbell 2-2.5kg weights/side
Speed squats 4x20
Speed split lunges 4x10
Straight leg deadlifts 4x20
Calf raises 4x20
V-ups 4x10
*30sec rest between group
Bicep curls 3x10
Flat bench close grip chest press/skull crusher 3x10
Bent over rows 3x12
Mountain climbers 3x50
*30 sec resr between groups
In other news, My goal was o fit into my fave jeans by Turkey day. I was tired of wearing my maternity jeans. Yes, I am wearing them beacause I don't want to buy new jeans when come hell or high water I am going to get back to my pre-preg clothes. I tried my fave jeans on annnnndd I got them on and buttoned. I still have some muffin top, but hey they are ON! I am so proud of myself and that motivated me that much more.
What motivates you?
Have a great weekend!!
This is a great post! I'm happy that you can get your CEUs AND your jeans buttoned...that's so exciting! You're well ahead of your goal of Thanksgiving, too.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm more motivate by how I will feel after I complete something. I'm a bit impulsive and a little of an instant gratification type of person, so it helps me to take it one step at a time!
Have a great weekend :)
omg i'm the same way about refusing to buy "fat" jeans. i'm wearing the maternity jeans right now as i type this!! i can get my old jeans on and button them but they are WAAAY too tight to wear comfortably for an extended period. trying to be able to wear my old clothes motivates me very much!
ReplyDeleteyay on everything! from your work,to the CEU's/certs,your workouts AND your skinny jeans!!!!!!! im going to try mine on next weekend and see how it goes!!!!! im am so tired of living in workout clothes!!!
ReplyDeleteanyways, enjoy your dinner tonight and the rest of your weekend!!
im proud of you sista!!!!
You go, Courtney!! I hope you had a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the jeans! If you're already getting them on now they're going to be falling off you by Turkey day! :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, getting another cert really bumps up the continuing ed credits...it's great! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your baby girl, I love the name Ava, very beautiful! Thanks for your well wishes!
Killer workout!
That is the BEST feeling to see progress and that you're so much closer to the pre preg jeans fitting. I wear maternity pants until I can fit into some of my old pants too. Luckily I have some in between sizes to hold me over for the jeans that are my BIG goal. I can't wait to get back in those.
ReplyDelete