Today was my favorite day so far this week! I had spin class this morning! I was already raring to go this morning. I "slept in" until 5:45am and got up and got the dishwasher loaded, put together my food for the day, ate breakfast, checked my email, all before Ava got up at 6:30am. I then fed her, put her back down(this usually doesn't happen. She usually has the sleep, eat, play, repeat schedule down pat. After I pu her back down, I put together a crockpot of turkey chili, so Clint could turn it on when he got home before him and Ava went to the gym. I love the crockpot. It is like magically made supper!
Like I said, I was super excited about spin and the hard workout I was about to recieve. I was NOT disappointed. Being this, is my second class EVER and my first teacher, I'm still not really sure what to expect each class. Does this instructor do the same thing each time or different? Does she use the same music each time? Well, she bases her class on her music. She used a new mix of songs today and her class went with the songs. If it was a slower temp song, we were "up in the clouds" if it was faster, we did up/downs or sprints. I was so sweaty after class I could have wrung out my sports bra. Gross, but I LOVE IT. The instructor knows I am a personal trainer and asked if I had taught group classes before and I told her yes. She asked if I have ever taught spin or if I would want to. She said you could do it no problem. Um, please and thank you! That kills two birds with one.....bike. haha My brain got to turning. My personal training certification needs renewal next April and I need 20 CEU's(continued education units) for renewal. I emailed ISSA and have asked if I received either my Group Fitness Cert or Spin cert if that could be accepted for the CEU's. Fingers crossed. That would be so great. The Group Fitness is a home study and the Spin Cert is in Murfreesboro in December. I can't wait to see what they say.
I need a new educational goal. I love to learn and take courses. This would be my next goal. I am such a goal oriented person. I was thinking of all of the goals I set either each day or in life.
-Each day I like to have a goal of the milk amount I pump.
-I have a goal to fit into my favorite pair of jeans by Thanksgiving.
-I have a goal to get a blog post up at least every other day.
-Each time I workout, I have workout in my head or written down to accomplish.
-Leave the house at a certain time each morning.
I could go on and on. Basically, I like goals and acheiving them. But, if I don't necessarily leave the house at exactly the time I wanted, I do get a little stressed, but I deal with it. Goals change. I will not reach every goal, but by george I will try.
Are you goal setters? Are you ok with it, if you don't achieve that exact goal.
I hope they accept a spin cert. for CEUs, I love it when I get that sweaty, even if it is kinda gross :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a moderate goal setter. I used to set these lofty goals and feel dissapointed when I didn't achieve them, but I'm trying to work on reasonable goal setting. Making smaller, achievable goals more often!
Now that I'm not in school anymore, I totally don't have many goals. You "sleeping in" until 5:45 makes me feel soooo lazy! I like reading your blog because you are very motivational!
ReplyDeleteI usually have big picture goals, like right now I'm getting my masters in Spanish Language Education. I'd be very disappointed in myself if I didn't finish that (I almost quit at one point but I just couldn't do it - I never quit). I used to have active goals - I've run a marathon and completed many century bike rides (100 miles) I don't think I've ever not achieved a goal of that kind. I do falter on goals around the house, like keeping stuff clean or neat. But the big ones, that require planning and or training, I always complete those.
ReplyDeletehahaha.....yup,we must be twins seperated at birth....
ReplyDeleteim a highly goal orientated individual!
keeping my fingers crossed about your ceu's and certs!!!you would make one killer spin instructor!!!!
You sound like me...I always have a number of goals I'm working towards at any given time! I think that's a good thing, don't you?
ReplyDeleteThat would be awesome if you became a spin instructor! How fun! I keep sleeping in too late to make it to my spin class, haha :)