Hey there! I hope your Monday was manageable yesterday. I know some people had the day off because of good ole Columbus. I did not. It wasn't that big of a deal because Clint didn't have the say off either.
I go to the gym to workout on Mondays and Wednesdays(spin, WHOO!) before work, Fridays after work and the occasion Saturday. Although, in a couple of weeks Saturdays will happening more often and I am excited to get in a solid 4 x per week of sweaty workout sessions.
Yesterday, morning I dropped my sugar baby off at my parent's house and headed off to the gym. Like I have said before, I only have about an hour to get in, kick my tail, and get out to get to work. I did not dissapoint myself.
Cardio:
15 hard min on elliptical
2 miles of ladders on the treadmill
(steady at 5.5mph working up to 8.5mph then back down, lather rinse repeat for 2.10miles or 20min)
Weights: I saw this break up of workouts on someone's blog and thought I would try it out. I'm sorry I don't remember exactly whose blog but thank you., I tweaked it a smidge!
I did these exercises in a circuit form.
3x10 Front squats 20lb DBs
3x10 Split lunges 20lbs DBs
3x10 Straight leg deadlifts 20lbs DBs
3x10 calf raises 20lbs Dbs
Push exercises-chest, triceps, shoulders
3x10 chest press 20lbs Dbs
3x10 Standing Shoulder press 12lbs DBs
3x10 Dips on bench bodyweight
3x10 Swiss ball ab crunches
Really great workout. I'm a little stiff this morning. I likey, likey. Spin is tomorrow! Heck yeah. I am in love!
Speaking of loves, I have been dreading Ava having a "bad" day at my parent's house. Her "bad" days are usually when she is going through a growth spurt. This means she eats every 2 hours ALL DAY( my boobs do not like these days) and is a bit fussy unless held. She hasn't had one in a few weeks. We are blessed that this only happens on growth spurts. She had her "let's just hang out on mama's boobs all day on Sunday and I thought she would sleep a lot yesterday. Wrong. She ate very 2 hours again and was fussy. My mom told Clint when he picked Ava up that it was the "worst" day she had had (mom and Ava). I feel bad that she had to deal with this. I feel like we should be the ones to handle these days and everyone else gets the happy baby that Ava tends to be. I couldn't be there. I wanted to take away the stress from my mom and Clint. Clint had to leave the gym before his cardio because she got fussy. I feel bad! I feel guilty. I feel like I should have to deal with this. Even though, Clint and I are a team, I don't want him to get frustrated or get to miss out on things. I know he doesn't mind though. He is an AMAZING daddy. But this is how I felt yesterday. I am ok now. Today is a new day and happy Ava will return. Anyone else feel like this??
** The funny thing is that this picture was taken when he was putting her in the truck after the fussy session at the gym. The little snot just wanted to leave!

I love that sweet smile!
ReplyDeleteSounds JUST like a girl though... isn't happy til she gets her way as made evident by that smile! :)
LOL they say newborns are too young to manipulate us but I think otherwise and Ava's smile proves it!! :) Blaine had one of those "growth spurts" and was up every 2 hours one night. gah.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious picture!!
ReplyDeleteI have these feelings too-- We've left Liam three times with family members (my parents, a cousin, two aunts) and every time, I call like 10 times to check in... NOT because I'm worried they aren't taking care of him, but because I worry he's fussing and bothering them!
She's SO adorable! It must be so hard to leave her...at least it's with your parents.
ReplyDeleteRunning ladder intervals are awesome, nice work :)
Nice workout! I'm impressed how much you squeeze into just 1 hour!
ReplyDeleteYour little Ava is just too precious for words - that smile is adorable :)
I think its standard to feel like that some days. We want to handle everything as the momma. I know I felt like that! But we can't do everything, so I'm glad you are feeling better about it all now.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great workout!