One more day until Friday! So that makes today Friday eve! Sure, we will go with that. Since, I have a new schedule at work and can't take the Wednesday morning spin class, I took the 5:15pm one last night. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous. This was my 4th week of taking spin classes and I was getting used to the way the morning teacher did things. These were my thoughts ALL day yesterday.
What will the class be like?
Will it be hard?
Wonder what the instructor looks like(not that that matters, but we are going through my thoughts remember.)
Will she have good music?
How big is the class at night?
Will I be "stealing" someone'e bike?
Will the participants be friendly?
Crazy thoughts I know! Answers to those questions.
What will the class be like?IT WAS DIFFERENT BUT HARD TOO! THIS INSTRUCTOR DID QUITE A FEW UPHILL CLIMBS AND SPRINTS. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ONLY 45 MIN LONG, MY LIGHT GREY SHIRT WAS NOT SO LIGHT GREY AT THE END.
Will it be hard? SPIN IS HARD IF YOU MAKE IT. IF COURSE I MADE IT HARD. MY GYM TIME IS TOO PRECIOUS TO LOLLY-GAG AROUND. I GET IN AND GET IT DONE LADIES!
Wonder what the instructor looks like(not that that matters, but we are going through my thoughts remember.) SHE WAS A TALL BLOND. IN GOOD SHAPE. ALTHOUGH, SHE HAD THESE SHORTS/SKIRT THINGY ON AND EVERYTIME SHE GOT UP OUT OF THE SEAT TO HOVER OR CLIMB, HER SKIRT GOT CAUGHT ON THE SEAT. I CHUCKLED EACH TIME.
Will she have good music? GREAT MUSIC, THAT WAS A HUGE MOTIVATOR.
How big is the class at night? EH, ABOUT 10-12 OF US.
Will I be "stealing" someone'e bike? I WAS THE 2ND ONE THERE. I HATE BEING LATE TO CLASSES LIKE THIS. I FEEL LIKE I WOULD BE INTERUPPTING! (SIDE NOTE: DO YOU THINK THERE IS CLASS ETIQUETTE TO WHEN YOU SHOULD COME OR NOT IF YOU ARE RUNNING LATE???) I GOT A BIKE ON THE OUTSKIRTS AND THOUGHT I HAD A LADIES BIKE BUT SHE DIDN'T CARE WHICH ONE SHE HAD.
Will the participants be friendly? UM, THE 1ST GIRL, THERE ANSWERED SOME OF MY QUESTIONS, BUT WASN'T OVERLY FRIENDLY. THE OTHER WOMEN KIND OF DID THEIR OWN THING. I WILL DEFINITELY BE CHATTING THEM UP NEXT TIME. NO NEED TO FEEL LEFT OUT!
Will I go back? FOR SURE! WHY NOT?!?!
We leave for Gatlinburg tomorrow! Whoo hoo. It is time to get away in the mountains and be with friends! Because of that we are working out tonight. We will do some sort of hike (Ava in tow) in the Great Smoky Mtn National Park that I am thoroughly looking forward to. This weekend has been a mini goal for me. I wanted to eat as well as I could and workout as hard (only 3-4 days a week for 1 hour per day) and see how far I could come.
I measured this morning. I think measurements are one of the true ways to see change. The scale fluctuates so much that it has the ability to change my mood quite substantially. Don't get me wrong I do weigh about once a week, but I take it with a grain of salt. The last time I measured was a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to see if I had made any progress.
Well, I have!!! I am down another 4 inches total! It's so crazy to me that eating well and working hard in the gym 3-4 times a week is getting these results! Pre-Ava, I was in the gym(granted I worked in one) but cardio at least an hour each day and then weights on a different body part each day. I will take the 3-4 days with these results plus family time any day!!!
I feel fantastic. I feel like the in shape Courtney. I feel sexy, hehehe! Clint helps in that dept very well! I am getting stronger, faster, and mentally ok with how my body is improving. I took for granted what my body could do before I got pregnant. I appreciate my body in ways I never thought I would.
I am going to enjoy this weekend. I am going to splurge some on some good food, treats, and *ahem alcohol!(don't worry, I will pump and dump so my daughter doesn't get a buzz haha!) Come Monday, I will return to the gym and continue to workout hard those days in the gym and relish that time that I can improve myself for me, for Clint(he deserves a healthy, in shape, and let's face it a hot wife), and for Ava(she deserves a mama that is happy and takes care of herself both mentally and physically!
I will be back on Monday refreshed and with some great times to share as well as pictures! (*if I can swing it I will post my workout from tonight for your enjoyment or for whatever reason you have to look at my workouts haha!
Have a great Friday Eve!
What a wonderful post! Your happiness radiates :) I'm glad your pm spin class was as good as your morning one and I totally agree, it's all about what you put into it.
ReplyDeleteHave a blast this weekend, especially hiking...I love to hike!
So glad you're getting the results you want. It makes me want to hit the gym, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. And that is okay for me, now, in my life. Some day I'll work out like that again, but today (or tomorrow for that matter) is not that day.
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun on your trip this weekend!
have a great trip!! it's good to see you getting results with all your work! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your outlook on being healthy and happy! You deserve all the awesome results you've been working so hard for! Enjoy your trip to Gatlinburg...sounds like fun :)
ReplyDelete