How was everyone's weekend?? Ours was good, but always so short!!! It would be nice to have 3 day weekends, but then those would be too short too right?!
Saturday is Clint's WallyBall day, so I thought that I would take Pump it up, which is our gym's version of Body Pump I suppose. Well, I wasn't sure what to expect. I have never taken a weight lifting class. There is something about having someone tell me what to do that I feel kind of iffy about. Maybe it is the Personal Trainer in me or my Type A personality or even a combo of both.
The instructor, which is my favorite spin instructor was out sick, so who is the sub, the hummingbird on crack. So, right off, I was thinking there is no way I am taking spin with her after this class and WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?!?!
The class was very structured and the music was good. I didn't know we would do a whole song for one body part and I think I overestimated the amount of weight for some of those parts because ladies, I AM STILL SORE!!! My legs felt good and a smidge tender, but oh boyo my biceps and chest. I feel like every muscle fiber was shredded into bits and pieces. I am super stoked about this though because I got a great workout.
Will I take the class again??? Probably on Saturdays to switch things up, but I like to make my own workout and I like to take spin class.
On a different note, I was looking in the mirror at the class because let's face it (ha, pun) you can't help but look at yourself when a mirror is put a few feet away. I never thought I would
I like the way they are looking these days, but I do not want to be anymore lean. My nutrition since I had Ava has been based on the 40-40-20 rule. That is 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat of my daily intake of foods. This has worked so well for me. In fact, I am proud to say I got back and in better shape at 4 months postpartum eating this way and exercising an hour 3-4days per week. That is not the norm. So, I am Uber proud of myself and my achievements. I am glad that Christmas is almost here, because I got in shape for Christmas haha! Bring on the food. Well, to be honest, I will eat what I want, but won't overdo it that much. I am probably going to start alternating days with 40-40-20 and 40-30-30 at the first of the year to maintain the hot bod I have now.
Are you content with how you look?
Ava news: Last week, she had three days of CRYING from around 6pm -8pm. I am glad to say that that stage is OVER! My heart goes out to families who have babies with colic or acid reflux. You truly are amazing people. I couldn't stand the 2 hours a day that she cried, let alone all of the time.
She is back to happy and content Ava and I couldn't be happier. I am excited to have almost 4 days of family time starting Thursday. I am not excited about how her schedule is not going to happen for those 3 days. It is going to be a whirlwind of family, activity, and loudness. I want her to experience what she can, but as her parents we are going to have to put our foot down and do what is best for her. If that means she naps during one of my family's meals, then so be it. If that means we leave a little earlier than expected then so be it.
If you have kids, how do you adjust to holiday craziness and kid's schedules?
Have a great Monday. How many days are you working this week?

No comments:
Post a Comment