Poor thing FELL ASLEEP in the 3rd period. Who does that? hahaha We did leave early, don't worry. I am so glad she got to and will continue to experience this with Clint. He loves hockey. When we got together I had NO IDEA about hockey, but now I enjoy the game. Plus, it gives me something to share with him.
I officially have off of work until next Tuesday! My time off actually started yesterday. Ava had been kind of stuffy on Tuesday at my parent's house and she took 2 really long naps. (Clint's family was sick on Christmas Eve and as much as you try to clean hands and not pass germs, you can't keep them all away.) Her body seemed to be wore out. Yesterday morning, when she got up, bless her heart, had snot and crust all on her face where she sleeps on her belly. I immediately squeegied her nose with the "boogie getter." (I think we used this about 76 times yesterday.)
Source Since I only had two patients yesterday and my mom would be taking Ava to my sister's wisdom teeth surgery, we decided that I would stay home and not get her out. It was a great decision. We stayed in our Jammies all day and I loved on her like a mama does. I did give her some
She sucked it right up. Although, the meds will help some, I think I am her best medicine. I don't say thay because I am Super mama. I say that because breastmilk has a healing effect.
According to pregnancy-info.net,
Does Breast Milk Really Heal?
"Many doctors, researchers, and scientist agree that breast milk does appear to have healing properties that can prove beneficial when it comes to treating minor illnesses and injuries. This is because of the antibodies that breast milk contains. Just as breast milk provides your baby with necessary antibodies to fight off infection, it can also work to kill off bacteria and viruses when applied topically to problem areas.
Nevertheless, breast milk is probably not potent enough to completely kill off infections and other illnesses. Most health care providers do recommend that you seek traditional medical care for these problems, in order to ensure that they completely heal. However, two common illnesses that appear to be helped by the use of breast milk include pink eye and sore nipples."
So basically, the more I nurse her, the better off and faster she should get better. It seems to be working. I don't think it is a miracle drug, but I am an avid proponent that breastfeeding does help a sick baby as well as a healthy baby.
Ava truly is an amazing baby! Even though she is snotty and crusty, she is still all smiles and happy as a clam. At least, we have the next 5 days together to get her better. Although, my throat started hurting last night, ugh!!! That is typically a prerequisite to getting a cold for me. Hopefully, I can ward it off. She is sleeping in her swing right now. We are going to stay in again today to try to get her over this completely. No Spin class last night! I didn't want to leave her and didn't want to take her to kidcare. We will see about tonight though.
Are you off of work yet for the week??
Have a great Thursday!


No comments:
Post a Comment