Friday, December 10, 2010

Spin, cereal, Eclipse(in that order)

Oh Friday, you couldn't come soon enough.  This week was soooo busy.  Tomorrow is my Saturday to work.  I only have a couple of patient's so it won't be too bad. 

Last night we went to the gym and I decided to try the Thursday night spin class.  I was kind of leery/nervous about taking a new teacher/class.  I have been comfortable with the Wednesday night class/teacher. 

It is amazing how different teachers can be.  This lady is all of 87lbs(ok exaggeration).  I have seen her around the gym, but had no idea she was the teacher.  Her class was hard but in  a different way.  We took a lot more breaks than in any other class I have taken and I didn't sweat buckets.  We "hovered" until her heart was content and my legs were spent.  My legs sure were tired by the end of the class, but weirdly enough I was sad I didn't sweat that much.  We finished the class with some abs and that was a love/hate situation, let me tell ya.  My abs aren't sore(yet), but we they were worked for sure.  This is where I got uncomfortable.  We started stretching to finish off the class.  Now, I am all for stretching, but the area where spin class is is surrounded by mirrors and the mirrors can be seen from many angles.  These angles are where "testosterone island" is.  So, they can clearly see the class.  We started stretching and the stretches I thought were a little um, how do I put it.....seductive?!  I do not like to draw that type of attention, well from Clint, but not other men.  I kind of "attempted" the stretches and counted down the seconds until I could get the heck out of dodge.  That part just wasn't my thing. 

I was telling Clint about it after and he said, "yeah the guys were all watching y'all!"  (Great!)  I liked the teacher and if need be will take her class again, BUT I prefer the Wednesday night class/teacher.  She is more my style and she makes me work hard.  You live and learn huh.

We decided to try and give Ava cereal for the 1st time last night.  We gave her

with breastmilk.  Our doctor said to feed her breastmilk(one boob), then halfway through her feeding to give her the cereal.  Then finish up(the other boob) with breastmilk.
She really enjoyed it.  I mean as far as we could tell.  She even grabbed the spoon from Clint at one point and stuck it in her mouth, haha.  She is growing up so fast.  All in all it was a great 1st time experience for her and Clint and I.

So, how do I feel about it?  Honestly, I was happy and sad at the same time.  We will continue to add to her diet from now on(steadily and one new food/texture at a time), but I am not her sole food provider any more.  I have taken such a serious stance to keeping my self nourished and healthy so I could provide the best for Ava through breastmilk.  Yes, the majority of her nutrition will be breastmilk, but this is the start of something new.  A new stage.  She is growing up and changing.  (for the better)  I am happy for her and how healthy and happy she is, but a small piece of my heart is sad.  This is how life goes and Lord knows there will be hard things we have to deal with, but for yesterday these were my feelings about feeding her cereal.
*Today, I am ok with everything. Not so sad.

Moving on.  Clint picked up

from the Redbox.  My review.  It was better than the 1st movie by far.  As mush as other people enjoy the movies, I am not a fan.  I prefer the books and my imagination in this case.  I honestly do not think Robert Patterson or Kristen Stewart are good actors.  If it was up to me, I would have pick better.  All in all, it was a pretty good movie and kept my attention. 
Have you seen it or any of the Twilight saga?  What did you think?

Have a great FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment