Merry Christmas Eve Eve.
Are you finished with work for the week?
Yesterday, was my last day for the rest of the week. My boss gave us an unexpected little extra bonus for Christmas. SCORE!
Last night, I went to the gym for Spin. Clint and Ava stayed home to get a little snoozer. At first, I felt guilty for going. We all usually go together so I can at least know those two are in the same building. But after talking it through, Mama needs to get out on her own every now and again.
I usually get to spin class early. First of all, I hate being late and will not go into a class if I am. I don't like to feel like I am interrupting. Second, I like to get the same bike each time. Remember, I am creature of habit. Lo and behold, myu fave teach is out again. Insert, yet another sub. At least, they keep me guessing huh?!
There were only 4 of us in class. I was kind of off myself and the other 3 were grouped together. The first thing the sub teach said to me was, "are you sure your seat it at the right height?" I responded, "yes, I am pretty sure." That was IT! No "hi, my name is"......or "I don't know you, welcome to class." So of course, she rubbed me the wrong way from the start.
Her class was pretty good. We did some big hills, jumps, and sprints, BUT she would fail to tell us what level we needed to be on, i.e. "give me a 5" or "turn the knob to a solid 7." Knowing this helps me figure how to gauge how hard I need or should be working so I can go above it. I felt a little out of sorts. Plus, I felt a little sluggish. I don't know what my deal was. I pushed myself hard, but it wasn't my best performance. Some days are like that unfortunately.
Moral of the story, I like being challenged with different teachers, BUT my fave teach A is my cup of tea!
What are your Christmas plans?
Here is our schedule for the rest of the week.
Today:
Me, Ava, my mom, and sister are going to the mall(I know we are nuts). Last minute pickups and me some jeans. I am excited to see what size I am. Then we going to my great aunt's house. My mom and her have been exchanging cakes for years and we are exchanging them today.
Then we are coming home and getting busy(well, that's later, wink wink) baking, laundry, last minute present wrapping, and cleaning house.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Diabetic Chocolate chips cookies(our nephew has Type 2 diabetes)
Chess squares
Veggie Corn salsa
Friday:(about an hour drive)
Clint's Bro's house around 1ish to gift open and eat. Driving home before the "snow" hits.
Saturday:(this is the busy one)(about a 5 min drive)
Santa at our house.
Breakfast at my parent's house and gift opening.
Come home. Put the weenies in the crockpot. Take a nap? At least Ava will.
4pm (thanksgiving type) meal and gift opening at my parent's house with aunts, uncles, cousins.
HOME finally.
Sunday:(about a 45 min drive to FIL's)
Church
Lunch with Clint's dad's side of the family
Home to recoop!
I feel like we need Monday off just to take the weekend all in. I thought holidays were supposed to be relaxing. Guess not, huh?!?
What are holiday chain of events???
Have a great Christmas eve eve!!
No comments:
Post a Comment