Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xmas in review and making plans

Hi there!  I took a much needed break from Blog world.  When I came back, I was overwhelmed by all of the posts in my Google Reader.  So instead of stressing out to get them all read, I "Mark all as read."  (GASP!!) I know.  I am awful, but it is something I felt like I had to do for my sanity.  Do you know how stressful it is to try to get through about 200!!!  posts?!?!  Valium worthy, I tell ya!

How was everyone's Xmas??
Ours was great.  We are too blessed, let me tell ya.  We are going to need an extra room for all of the things we accummulated over the 3 days.  I did get some zebra print stuff( I am a Jersey girl to the bone), workout gear(i needed this), and we got some new kitchen appliances (George Forman, Grinder/brewer coffee maker, Deep Fryer(Clint has wanted one for a while) and we got the KINECT.  It is the XBOX 360 version of the Wii. There are no controllers, but it picks up your body.  It is pretty neat, if I do say so myself.  Let's just say we got more than we needed.
It was good to spend time with family.  It did go super fast though.  Those 3 days flee by.  Ava did so good!!  We were so proud of her.  She was up and awake at every event and woo'ed the crowd.  (the ham that she is!)  She caught up on her sleep Sunday night and yesterday. 
Clint's family had colds, and she is starting to get a little stuffy/snotty. Clint stopped and bought a humidifier yesterday, so hopeful we can cut the cold off at the pass. 

I was sooooo ready to get back to eating "my comfort food" and working out yesterday! It was like a breathe of fresh air.  I had a really good workout!

Cardio:
20 min on ellip.

Weights:
Circuit 1:
Chest press on ball-2x10, 2-20DBs
DB Pullover into crunch on ball-2x10, 1-20DB
Squats w/ alt. knee lifts-2x10/leg, 2-20DBs
Squats into alt. front lunge-2x10/leg, 2-20DBs

Circuit 2:
Plank-2x1 min (15 sec regular, 15 sec forward back motion, 15 sec right leg lift, 15 sec left leg lift)
Up and over pushups-2x15
Side Planks-2x1min
Mt. Climbers-2x50

My arms were WORE out!  I am in a workout rut though.  Because I personal train during the day, I need a little extra push.  I am where I want be in the looks dept., but I feel like I am just wading in water.  I can't decide on my next goal.  I have been wanting to take the classes at our gym, but either the times don't work out for me or they get started late and with Clint at the gym doing his thing and Ava in kidcare, I don't like to spend more than an hour working out. I really need a workout partner, but that isn't going to happen, I'm afraid.  I am VERY picky about workout partners and I don't know anyone that I am willing to share my time with OR that would push me harder than I push myself. (If only we lived closer, right Melissa?!?!)
I need to figure something out though.  I am going to decide on a new goal by January 1st.(that's a goal, right?!?!)

Do you do New Year's Resolutions?
I used to, but I stressed myself out "having to get them done."  Now, I make mini goals throughout the year.  That works better for me. 

Well, one of my patient's is set to arrive shortly!  Have a great Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment