Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getaway back to reality

Hi there!!  I feel like I have been away for a while.  I hope everyone's weekend of trick or treating was tons of fun!

Quick recap of the weekend.
-I had a mild case of food poisoning the Thursday night.  The night before we were leaving for the cabin in Gatlinburg.  I noticed my chicken at a restaurant was a pink a little too late.
-Clint got smacked with a horrible head cold Thursday night.  Wow we know how to get sick before a trip!
-Cabin was amazing.  Up on top of a huge mountain.  The sunrises were spectacular.  The weather couldn't have been better.
-Went on a 2.5mile hike in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
-While walking the hike, I was feeding Ava a bottle and a random little stick fell out of a tree and hit her on the head.  (what are the odds?! really?!?!)  I cried more than she did though!
-Because my stomach was "off" I "splurged" on pretzels and wheat thins and a margarita! yum. haha
-Fun laughs with friends.
-Hot tub.
-Ava was fully loved and doted on.
-All in all a fabulous getaway weekend.  We are going to try to make it an annual thing and stay an extra day next time.

It really should be mandatory that the day after a trip, you should get a day to recoop.  Not in the cards for us.  Back to reality with mounds of laundry, house cleaning, preparing for yesterday's work day. blah!

Clint's mom and boyfriend came up last night to spend the night and take care of Ava today.  I always have a day of anxiety when Ava's routine is messed up.  She will be fine.  Clint's mom did have 3 kids.  She knows what she is doing, I just worry!

I have acquired Clint's cold.  Yay me!  I didn't feel great and excited about working out yesterday, but since I have limited time in the gym, I thought "you better get your butt there."  I did and had a pretty good workout.  It's funny if you make yourself go, you feel better after.

Cardio:
20 min elliptical
12 min dreadmill ladder'ed 5.5mph to 8mph

Weights:
Circuit
3way pushups 2x10 each
Squats 35lb barbell 2x20
Jump Squats 2x12
Bicep curls 35lb barbell 2x8 (harrrdddd!)
Plie Squats 2x20 35lb  barbell
Flat bench press 35lb barbell to failure
Bicycles 2x40

Not my best workout, but not my worst!  Until next time, have a great Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your workout helps "force out" your headcold! This seems like the time of year when everyone gets sick...boo.

    I'm sorry about Ava's stick incident, I think I would freak out too!

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got in a workout,even thoughy it wasnt your best,you still did something,which is better than nothing!

    hope you feel better soon and ava does OK on the slight off routine thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could still make it to your trip even though you both weren't feeling well! Hope your week is going well so far...Friday will be here before we know it! :)

    ReplyDelete