Hiya. Today is dreary and chilly out. Sweater weather fo sho!
It has been an early start this morning and is bound to be a long day with today being a busy training day. I do wish Mr. Sunshine will grace us with his presence but I am doubting it.
Alright on to business. I had my R.E. appt this morning. I got there about 10 min early. I went by myself, because I told Clint it would be silly for him to come from work for the 30 min appt. My mom offered to come but I told her to just go to her Tuesday morning Bible study and I would let her know the details after. Such love!
I did bring my good friend, Nora Roberts with me though. She has helped relax me a lot of times and I usually don't go go ANY WHERE without a book stuffed in my purse. Hey, you never know when you will be stuck in line somewhere and can get in a few pages.
Nora comforted me until my name was called. (Well, she tried. I think I read the same page 4 times. My mind would not focus on the romance at hand.
The nurse calls me back and checks my wrist band. Yes we have a wrist band that has our name, DOB, and some serial number. No, it is not a band to ride all of the fun rides at the fair. It is a nerve wracking ride in a small room that is all of about 27.5 degrees. While, might I add, you sit on this chair with stirrups and naked as a jaybird with the oversized bounty napkin drapped on you.
I undress and neatly fold up my jeans and cover up my prettiest undies (you know you wear the good ones cover them too, right???) So I am sitting there, thinking it doesn't take me long to change so hey should be in here in about 5 min. Of course Nora is sitting in the chair out of reach grinning at me. I didn't want to get off the chair to get her because I know with my luck that my doc would pick that time to walk in and catch me back-side naked grabbing my book out of the chair.
I sat. And sat. And sat. Twenty min sitting in that cold room freezing my jaybird feathers off is NOT fun.
The nurse practioner, whom I don't know from EVE, walks in and is about to become very intimate with me. I was a WEEEE bit uncomfortable.
Enough of the descriptive situation. (sorry if it was TMI) All in all, good things were said of today. I am on cycle day 13 which is a little early. We were looking for size 18 follicles and mine are 15.5. YES!
They were very postive about the looks of things. The nurse wants me to start doing the ovulation prediction kit for the next 2 days and if I haven't "surged" (her words) to come back Thursday for another ultrasound.
The mantra of the next two days is "big surge, big surge, no whammie, no whammies!" I will keep you posted on if I surge or not.
Either way, it is GAME ON with the husband. There is always a CHANCE before the surge or after. I would HATE to miss an opportunity. Plus, I HIGHLY doubt Clint is going to mind!!!
Does anyone know of ways to bring on the surge ( I love this term!) ??
I have heard of pineapple core and raspberry tea. But who knows if they REALLY work!
Do you have crazy/weird experiences with "girl doctor"??
Hello! Sure hope you bring on the surge!! Oh man, I hate those appointments too and why is the room so dang cold? I really have no idea and am actually trying to avoid that at the moment :) That's exciting!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog, the body is quite amazing :)
Good luck, good luck! Very exciting. Get in the sack now... the best time to conceive is a day before the surge, so get crackin' :)
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know, there's no way to bring on the surge. You just have to wait for it. But from the looks of things, you're almost there! Yay!