Good Morning. It is Monday yet again. Not my favorite day, but what can you do?!?!
Updates....I ran a 5 Mile Turkey Trot on Saturday morning. It was I think 40 degrees. Needless, to say I didn't get warmed up until about mile 4!! My college roommate and I ran together. It was the farthest she had EVER ran...EVER. It was the farthest I have ran since before getting pregnant. Plus, I have not ran outside yet. So how did we do?? We ran it in 49:33min. I just wanted to be about to do it in under 50 min. I ran the trot because my friend A asked me to run it with her. I ran to support her as well as why not? It was a goal I could work towards. Granted it wasn't fast , but I ran 5 miles straight almost 4 months post partum. In reality, I am pretty deadgum proud of myself. I am in the best shape I have ever been in, both physically and mentally. Being mentally happy is still so weird to me. I look back and remember when I was NEVER happy. I ALWAYS had something to nit-pick about myself. So, now being at the place I am, it is just an amazing and weird place to be. Yeah, I have a few things that could use improvement, BUT all of my clothes FIT and aren't saggy butt pants that they were. I have muscle definition back and my abs are better than ever. I like this place! Plus, Clint is not minding AT ALL!!!
Ava is doing great. She is almost(like days) to the point of finding her feet. We have found she is ticklish on the bottom of her feet and under her neck. But Clint is the only one with the "touch". It is by far the BEST SOUND IN THE WORLD TO HEAR HER LAUGH!!!
All three of us had a great weekend together laughing, going to Costco(one of my favorite places in the world), cooking together, and just being a family. I dread Mondays because I am spoiled spending two whole days together.
I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving. This year we are just going to Clint's mom's house in Bowling Green. This is the 1st year ever that I won't be at my family's for Thanksgiving. We didn't get to see Clint's family last year, so it is only fair that his family is priority this year. Compromise is one of the keys to a happy marriage(just my two cents).
Are you making anything?
Where are you spending Turkey Day?
My family usually splits everything up to bring that way one person isn't stuck with all of the food. Clint's mom is making the entire spread. We called her last night to ask what she was making so we could bring something. I want to contribute somehow. After she told us the extensive menu, we decided we would bring a Chocolate Truffle Dessert and rolls. It is a small contribution, but she has it ALL covered.
Do y'all do BLACK FRIDAY?
Clint and I do. We have since we got together. It is "our thing". Some people might think we are nuts, but it is fun for us. We usually don't have certain things we go out for, we just go to go. We will probably have my sister or my brother's girlfriend stay the night Thursday night and stay with Ava that morning we are out shopping. I am usually up that early anyway these days!
Have a great start to a short week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment