Thursday, November 25, 2010

Enjoying the day.

Are you ready to gobbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllllle?  (Imitating the voice... Are you ready to rummmmbllle?)  I am excited about Thanksgiving eats today.  We are just going to Clint's mom's house and will only have one meal at 4pm!  Thanks-giving!  It is so miserable having to do multiple meals.( we have done this in the past!)  I am actually going to savor all of the foods that I don't get to have all of the time and enjoy myself.  I love all forms of sweet potatoes and can't wait for those. What are you looking forward to?
I have worked so hard to get my pregnancy weight off and I think I deserve a day where I can eat what I want.(in reality there is no way I will be able to eat the average 4500 calories that Americans tend to eat today!)  Can you believe that??  I don't even know if I could eat that much in two days let alone one!!  I did come across this great article about tsk'ing the "diet" methods at holidays.  The place I am now in my life, I totally agree with what he has to say.
What do you think of the article?

Clint and I will be heading out to Black Friday tomorrow.  My sister is spending the night tonight with us, so she can be here with Ava while we are gone.  They will more than likely just sleep, since we will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn to venture out to crazy-town!

Here is some fun info for you......One year ago today, I saw 2 pink lines!  Talk about being thankful!!  We told our parents the day after on Thanksgiving.  It was such a wonderful holiday. 

As I sit here on the computer at 6:30am,  (Yes, it is only 6:30am.  Ava let me sleep in until 4:45am!)  Ava is asleep on her bobby (in our house it is the bimbo)beside me.  I am so thankful for her.  She has brought so much joy into our lives.  She is a wonderful, healthy baby and I couldn't ask for better.  Even when she peed on herself, her jammies, and the changing table this morning(right after I removed her already wet diaper) all I could do was smile and laugh at her.  She truly is a blessing to Clint and I.

Now Clint is the best blessing though.  I love that man more and more every day.  I am so thankful for him and our relationship.  We have been told we are that annoying couple.(in a good way!)  I will always and forever love our daughter with my heart, but her daddy has my heart!
What or who are you thankful for today??

From our house to yours, enjoy your day today however you celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment