Thursday, November 11, 2010

um, really?

Thursday already?  Whoohooo.  I had a super busy day yesterday at work.  Today, I have a little bit of downtime to play around with.  (hence the blogging at 9:41am. haha)

Last night was SPIN CLASS!!  I was super excited because I missed last Wednesday because of being sick and Saturday I goofed and messed up the times of the class.  So after a long 2 week hiatus, I was ready to get my spin on. 

I got there about 15min early to pick a cycle to adjust and get some warm up in.  I was listening (ok eavesdropping.  Hey I am nosy!) to some of the women's convo while they were arriving and getting their bikes ready.  I heard them say that Amy (the instructor) was stuck in major traffic and wouldn't be getting to class on time if at all.  WHAT????  NOOOOOOOOOOO.  My heart plummeted to the floor.  Luckily, one of the other class teachers just so happened to be in class and was going to be a participant.  So, she said she would  sub for Amy.  AHHHHH, the heavens opened and angels started singing.  Com on calorie burn.  Well, although I did get my sweat on, the lady is in her 50's I would guess and was like a freaking hummingbird on speed with a boob job!!  She had no rhyme or reason to structure.  I was in front of the lady, and I couldn't tell what she was doing half the time.  During spin, I get in the zone and go at it.  I don't necessarily look at the instructor, but with this lady, apparently you need to watch her because she would sparatically use her hands to guesture what to do.  Um, how in the hell am I supposed to know what to do if I am in my zone focused on a point in the carpet.  Exactly, no way you can find a focal point with this bundle of energy teaching.  And then she started doing "chest press" on the cycle.  First of all, I get nothing from that and second, you look like an idiot!!

As I said earlier, I did get a great sweat on, but I feel like I taught my own spin class.  I was so confused sometimes that I cranked it and did my own thing, especially while she was doing the "chest press" thingies.  (she looked hysterical by the way!)  Needless, to say I like the other 2 instructors.

After, I went and did a few "real" arm exercises with weights, just so I got in a little full body. 

Have you been to a spin or other class where the teacher was not your cup of tea??? 
I can now say I HAVE!

Have a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment